IGNORED

.........CUTTLE CART QUESTIONS......????

Skywalker

I am somewhat new to this site so I just want to ask you locals here......... How many Cuttle Carts were actually made/sold all together? And what exactly did they come with??? Instructions,software???

I sometimes search Ebay for my chance to bid on one, last time I saw one was around December. But at that time I didn't even know what it was......

I don't believe very many Cuttle Carts have shown up on eBay, so it looks like most people who purchased one did so to take advantage of it. You'll always get people buying low and selling high. I assume Chad only allowed one Cuttle Cart to a customer, to cut down on profiteering.

Personally, based on the popularity and universal praise for the Cuttle Cart, I have little doubt that either Chad will produce another run sometime down the road, or someone else will come along with a similar product..

..Al

Well if i sold my cuttle cart it would be for $110 ($3 profit), but only if money is tight will my CC be sold and the people on this site would get the first crack at it

And ive had that thought of selling it come up a few times already but my money situations cleared up before i decided

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

Well if i sold my cuttle cart it would be for $110 ($3 profit), but only if money is tight will my CC be sold and the people on this site would get the first crack at it

You bring up a good point in that even when Cuttle Carts show up on eBay, that doesn't mean someone bought the cart with that purpose in mind. Maybe someone needs the money, maybe they're getting out of the hobby, who knows. We are sometimes quick to accuse people of putting items like this on eBay with the sole purpose of making a quick buck.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Jentzsch:

Originally posted by Skywalker:

[qb]I sometimes search Ebay for my chance to bid on one, last time I saw one was around December.

There was a cart (the seller called it Universal RAM Cartridge) on Ebay last week (US $158,05).[/QB]

damn, what a shame. 3$ less and it would have been yours

didn't leave a high enough bid .... this one was supposed to be your new toy!

i planned to get that one for thomas, since he did not want to make money on thrust

and even mailed to the winner and offered him more, begging on my knees ...

but anyway, thomas, let's see what the postman will bring tomorrow ...

and now back to the topic ... eeehmm cuttle cart? what is it? don't have that !?

please send me one ...

greetings

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

damn, what a shame. 3$ less and it would have been yours

didn't leave a high enough bid .... this one was supposed to be your new toy!

I was well aware what you where doing.

I watched the auction and seconds before it was closing, your $155 where overbid.

Very big thanks anyway.

Now I'm getting curious...

quote:

Originally posted by NE146:

hmmm according to this old
, jahfish should've ALREADY had one.. So why's he bidding on another.. hmmmm...

mr. sandman was allready at NE's place .... read what i wrote .... i tried to buy one for thomas.

a truly noble action, since i don't have one myself and i didn't buy one last year .... 100$ plus international shipping isn't the sum i have in my pockets everyday

Wow. All those replies I sent to people telling them to watch ebay for one was good advice. I always send people there when they ask where they can get one. I agree listing Cuttle Cart might have been a good idea now that there is an established (if small) group of people looking for one.

And for the record, there was no limit on the number anyone could purchase. I was never in a situation where something like that would matter. No batch completely sold out before production or anything like that. I'd say the demand isn't as high as it appears. Anyway, there are a few people out there who purchased multiple Cuttle Carts, but I don't know what there plans were for them.

Chad

Chad:

I love my Cuttle Cart .. I had a blast showing it off in Cincinnati last fall .. running Thrust and Combat2. It is the only way I can keep up with all the new BINs coming out .. And I used it extensively when helping Thomas test a bug in Thrust last year ..

The only other comparable product that I enjoy so much is the new Vectrex RAM cart .. by which I programmed the Pythagorian Theorem (Vectrex).

Rob