IGNORED

PLEASE recommend me a game!

liveinabin

I've been off the Atari wagon for a bit, no idea why - I think it was that groove thing that Stan was on about a while back.

Aaaanyway... I've got a bunch of Atari and Activision games and some of the more obvious other big titles (frogger, Empire Strikes Back etc.).

What I need is..a reccomendation of some other Atari VCS games to get, are there any little diamonds I may not know about? I just need something to get me back into that 'groove'. Pressure Cooker is helping but i need more Cheers.

Mountain King (CBS Games) -- One of the best adventure games ever made, in addition to the original 2600 Adventure (which you'd BETTER have!).

Turmoil (20th Century Fox) -- No shortage of insane, fast action.

Frostbite (Activision) -- As addictive as their Stampede, recommended above.

Jr. Pac-Man -- The best gobble game on the VCS. Scrolling mazes, smart ghosts and fast game play.

CF

I'd go with Frostbite as well and TESB. There's one common game you must add if you haven't already got it ... Galaxian. The 2600 version is one of the best of the bunch.

Strangely enough, Keystone Kapers (Activision) is also a game I used to play the hell out of. Atlantis (Imagic) is another very playable game which could bring you back for more.

Get a friend...start with Dragster...and once you get "sick" of that...move onto Surround. Try the 7th or 8th game modes...where you can move diagonally, those are fun. Finish it off with a grand game of Artillery Duel!

And while you are at it with your friend, play him in ONE game of frustrating boxing, and then play best of three in Ice Hockey.

It doesn't get better than that my friend, I'm serious.

I'd match the fun of the line up of games I've suggested to anything the playstation or later could offer.