IGNORED

It's that time again!

Ze_ro

Yep! That's right! It's time for another thrift store run! There's four Value Villages in my city, and I'm going to hit all of them today. Any guesses as to what I'll find? My guesses include the usual:

• Overpriced Genesis Sports Games

• Super Mario/Duck Hunt

• Absolutely nothing else!

However, there's alwayst the hopes I'll stumble across Phantasy Star for the Master System, or maybe even that Commodore 128D that matches the keyboard I bought a week ago... (I'm way too pessimistic to even hope for anything rarer). Whatever the case may be, I'm on my way... wish me luck!

--Zero

Well, it seems today was a good day after all! Turns out that tomorrow is Value Village's half-off sale... although that doesn't save me any money today, that DOES mean that they've been stocking the shelves more in preparation for the sale... and it also means that people have been buying less because they want to get it at half price.

I ended up finding some interesting stuff today, although most of it I didn't end up buying... the most impressive thing I saw today was an Apple IIGS Limited Edition (With "Woz" signature). I believe it was being sold with it's monitor, keyboard, and two floppy drives (one 3.5", one 5.25")... however, the whole package was $80, so I didn't buy it (I don't plan on buying it for $40 tomorrow either). It's actually probably worth that much, but I can't justify spending $40 on an Apple computer.... (Atari maybe... but not Apple)

Naturally, I didn't find any Atari stuff whatsoever (except for a few Wico joysticks)... so I had to settle for buying the following games: Jurassic Park, Greendog, Ecco the Dolphin, and Sonic Spinball. All for the Genesis, and all complete in boxes. I also picked up two NES games, Ninja Gaiden and Gyromite. Nothing amazing, but that alone is more than I usually find anywhere around town.

Here's a list of some of the stuff I passed on:

• Commodore 64

• Commodore 64C (low profile case)

• Tandy 1000

• Apple Macintosh

• Apple IIGS Limited Edition

• 2 Genesis (Genesii?)

• NES with all connections

• Adventures of Bayou Billy (NES)

• RBI Baseball (NES)

• Tim & Jerry (Game Gear)

• 5 Copies of Super Mario/Duck Hunt (NES)

• 5 different overpriced Genesis sports games

• Various boxed PC games (Drakkhen being the most impressive one)

• Various joysticks

One thing that pissed me off though, was when I walked into one of the Village's, and saw some guy with an entire shopping cart FULL of computers! I didn't see everything in the cart, but I definitely saw a TI-99/4a, and I watched him load an entire Atari 520 ST system into the cart (including monitor)!! Now, I couldn't care less about the TI, or the other assorted computers he had... but I've been looking for an ST for quite a while now I should have knocked him down and grabbed it... he was smaller than me after all...

Oh well... it's probably for the best anyways. I don't have a lot of money lately, and I have very little room for a whole ST system.

--Zero

Am I the only one not finding Atari stuff anymore? I mean, I find video game stuff fairly consistently... but it all seems to be NES and Genesis stuff now. PC games are becoming surprisingly easy to find too (even if I don't want them)... but Atari games are nowhere to be found

--Zero

I was just out on a similar mission today in my hometown. And guess what... found nothing as usual. Well apart from one place, with a bunch of Sega Master carts, C64 tapes and some unknown carts. But they have been there for months now. And they keep mocking me, so tomorrow I am going to go there and buy them!! So I don't have to see them again

Anyway, good luck to you Zero ...

This week I popped into a thrift store that I sometimes goto, and they had a complete Atari XEGS, mint, with all the original stuff it came with. All for 12 dollars.

I was looking around and wondering are all you people blind?? The coolest thing in the store is right here damnit!

Thrift store hunting sucks!!!!!! I have gone to a few thrift stores in my area looking for Atari 2600 games and the only thing I have found is that there are some very weird people around and all these store smell like death warmed over.

oh well... five thirft stores, this is what I have found:

(1) 5 Genesis games MIB at 2 bucks each, didn't get 'em

(2) TRS-80 without power supply and RF, didn't get it

(3) A "Learn electronics" proyect game for 2.99 didn't get it

(4) 3 VCS carts (Kaboom!, Demon Attack and Freeway) 1.99 each, didn't get 'em..

and that's about it

Just my two cents

Osbo

[ 06-08-2002: Message edited by: osbo ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

One thing that pissed me off though, was when I walked into one of the Village's, and saw some guy with an entire shopping cart FULL of computers! I didn't see everything in the cart, but I definitely saw a TI-99/4a, and I watched him load an entire Atari 520 ST system into the cart (including monitor)!! Now, I couldn't care less about the TI, or the other assorted computers he had... but I've been looking for an ST for quite a while now I should have knocked him down and grabbed it... he was smaller than me after all...

Oh well... it's probably for the best anyways. I don't have a lot of money lately, and I have very little room for a whole ST system.

--Zero

did u found Sum Guy and u didn't beat the crap out of him? and u let him go?? dudeee

Osbo

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

Thrift store hunting sucks!!!!!! I have gone to a few thrift stores in my area looking for Atari 2600 games and the only thing I have found is that there are some very weird people around and all these store smell like death warmed over.

I think that smell of death warmer over was me most of the time just beating you to alll the good stuff