IGNORED

Atomix on Jaguar

SebRmv

I remain completely baffled still on what to do with the game. The idea of moving an atom around to create a molecule seems fair enough, but I am baffled with even level 1. All I can create is water, and nothing happens!
  • Use the D-pad to move the atom.
  • Press <A> or <C> to select the atom.
  • Press <*> to reset the level.
  • Press <PAUSE> to view the molecule you have to create, and press it again to go back to the game.
  • Type a level number, then press <#> to jump to this level.

(actually, it's explained in the intro :))

Here's a hint for the first level. Get your atoms in this configuration (beware : the two Hs are not the same, they have different "bonds") :

post-8748-1154387000_thumb.jpg

The rest should be obvious ;).

And don't feel bad if you have trouble completing the levels, I suck at this game too :D

Edited by Zerosquare

Hello,

Thanks for the tips, I have now just completed level 3 or 4, and am now faced with Propene!

It's more like a puzzle challenge than a puzzle game this, it really is mental exercise as well.

Here's a hint for the first level. Get your atoms in this configuration (beware : the two Hs are not the same, they have different "bonds") :

The rest should be obvious ;).

The connectors were what I was missing before, doh!

My excuse for such stupidity is running the game on the Jag via a WinTV card

displaying in a window on my 17" monitor, so it's not exactly the biggest image!

And don't feel bad if you have trouble completing the levels, I suck at this game too :D
Yes, I am looking at Propene and thinking "How long will THIS take? Maybe..."

Cheers,

JustClaws.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't played this game yet. I've yet to receive my copy from the Pocket foundation.

I'll have to download it and play it the old fashion way then I guess.

Same here, I got fed up waiting and got somebody to burn me copy at JFUK. You arn't missing much anyway . . .

I haven't played this game yet. I've yet to receive my copy from the Pocket foundation.

Pocket told me something this weekend that explains the delays : the arrangements he made to get free shipping required a limited number of shipments per week. It's been slower than anticipated. But everybody should get their copy eventually :)

and you are right it's not a fabulous game just a small one , like painter was

Pocket told me something this weekend that explains the delays : the arrangements he made to get free shipping required a limited number of shipments per week. It's been slower than anticipated. But everybody should get their copy eventually :)

and you are right it's not a fabulous game just a small one , like painter was

Painter was FAR better, one of my fave Jag CD games! :)

• 6 months later...

I was shocked (and giddy) when I got mine in the mail a couple days ago as well! :D

Since it wasn't padded at all, it did arrive slightly damaged on one corner, but no complaint from me. I'm just overjoyed to have finally gotten it. I, too, had rather forgotten.

It is a fun game, well programmed, but man, is it hard! I have gotten past level 4 (Propene) and now am working on Ethanol. I love the title music!

About the only things I'd have liked would be an UNDO button, or maybe a "cheat" that shows where on the screen the molecule goes.

This is a great game, simple concept but hard to accomplish, and addictive.

Thanks, Seb/The Removers!

Cheers,

Smeg

I was shocked (and giddy) when I got mine in the mail a couple days ago as well! :D

Since it wasn't padded at all, it did arrive slightly damaged on one corner, but no complaint from me. I'm just overjoyed to have finally gotten it. I, too, had rather forgotten.

It is a fun game, well programmed, but man, is it hard! I have gotten past level 4 (Propene) and now am working on Ethanol. I love the title music!

About the only things I'd have liked would be an UNDO button, or maybe a "cheat" that shows where on the screen the molecule goes.

This is a great game, simple concept but hard to accomplish, and addictive.

Thanks, Seb/The Removers!

Cheers,

Smeg

Thanks

happy to hear that you enjoy it

Cheers

I love this little game, it takes me back to the Sokoban times :)

A friend of mine burned it on a CD on his PC for my Jaguar, because for some reason I can't get the .nrg burned correctly on my Macintosh computer.

I have an Jaguar Emulator on the Mac installed but never use it, because I like to play the games on the original Jaguar console.

Just to bad there is no in-game music.

Thank you Removers!

Edited by Tweety

I love this little game, it takes me back to the Sokoban times :)

A friend of mine burned it on a CD on his PC for my Jaguar, because for some reason I can't get the .nrg burned correctly on my Macintosh computer.

I have an Jaguar Emulator on the Mac installed but never use it, because I like to play the games on the original Jaguar console.

Just to bad there is no in-game music.

Thank you Removers!

Thanks for your feedback :)

Maybe one day I will make an improved version (not coded in 5 days)