IGNORED

Nesticle

txsizzler

I seem to remember hearing that Sardu got a job with some major publisher (I think it was EA), and that one of their requirements was that he discontinue emulator development. Genecyst development also stopped around the same time.

I do wish Nesticle was still being developed, though. It was the only NES emulator I've ever seen that could run NES games at a full 60 FPS on a 486. Genecyst was pretty amazing, too: a low-end Pentium was all you needed for full-speed Genesis emulation.

I do wish Nesticle was still being developed, though.  It was the only NES emulator I've ever seen that could run NES games at a full 60 FPS on a 486.  Genecyst was pretty amazing, too: a low-end Pentium was all you needed for full-speed Genesis emulation.

1020779[/snapback]

I thought LoopyNES would do that? :ponder: Seems like forever ago, doesn't it? :lol:

Nesticle had many advantages, but accurate emulation of the NES and high game compatibility was not one of them. In order to achieve these things, you need more processing power, which is why many of today's best emulators require power PCs to run at full speed - they are doing a better job of accurate emulating the NES.

I seem to remember hearing that Sardu got a job with some major publisher (I think it was EA), and that one of their requirements was that he discontinue emulator development.  Genecyst development also stopped around the same time.

I do wish Nesticle was still being developed, though.  It was the only NES emulator I've ever seen that could run NES games at a full 60 FPS on a 486.  Genecyst was pretty amazing, too: a low-end Pentium was all you needed for full-speed Genesis emulation.

1020779[/snapback]

He didn't completely discontinue emulator development, however - the GCN game Fight Night Round 2 includes a copy of Super Punch-Out!!, powered by SNESticle. He just discontinued public releases of his emulators.