IGNORED

Stella profile file page moved...

Voch

quote:

Originally posted by Voch:

Hey folks. I've acquired a new Internet provider (WideOpenWest) for my cable modem access and have moved the Stella Profile File home page to my new provider's included web space. Please update your bookmarks:

[/url]

Ugh, that new link is terrible slow for me (especially when trying to load the graphics).

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Jentzsch:

Ugh, that new link is terrible slow for me (especially when trying to load the graphics).

I haven't tried it outside of the WideOpenWest network yet (I will later today). If it's really bad I'll strip the graphics or move it again.

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else having problems?

Voch

[ 06-09-2002: Message edited by: Voch ]

It loads up speedy under MSN and Charter cable...I'd assume the same for AOL. It must just have problems for international connections. You might try loading up the site under various proxy servers to see which countries are slow or unreachable.

I've used tracert to find the problem.

I get thru until a server without name (64.233.218.45) which seems to be part of www.wideopenwest.com (64.233.218.143). After that server, all I get are timeouts (>2000ms).

Also ping with a timeout of 5000ms only resulted in timeouts.

I tried it yesterday immediately after you posted your message (so I could update our link on our 2600 emulation page) and it came up fine. However, I just tried it now--the first time it just timed out, I then tried a minute later and it came right up. Then I hit refresh and it timed out again. Definitely something odd going on.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Jentzsch:

@Voch:

Did you get my email reply posted to your old account?

Nope. I have no idea what's up. Did you contact your provider? I may contact WideOpenWest about this (but they'll probably blame your provider).

Can you get to http://www.wideopenwest.com (without the ~voch on it)? I assume the ~voch redirects to another server (I doubt they don't host the user pages off the same server as their main page).

Voch

I've fixed up the old Earthlink-hosted page with a message about the difficulties some of you have been having. I'll continue to mirror the Stella profile file there for now.

The folks at WideOpenWest suggest it's a DNS propigation problem and a friend of mine who does network stuff for my alma mater agrees. Let's give it a few days.

Sorry 'bout all this. I guess I should have waited a few days...

Voch