IGNORED

Jack Black in Pitfall! commercial

NovaXpress

In the new Rolling Stone there's a section on video games featuring actor Jack Black. He talks up classics like Asteroids and Scramble and then says that he was the kid in the old Pitfall! commercial and that job is what earned him his Screen Actors Guild card. Wild.

Yeah, I've never seen a Pitfall commercial with a kid in it. The most common one I remember seeing is the announcer who keeps getting the game snatched from his hands by some ravenous Atari fans

Here's a few more commericals but no Jack Black:

http://www.emuitalia.com/stgraveyard/movie...nsoleMovies.htm

Some of these commercials were/are mind numbingly cheesy, I almost could not stand watching them, but they were funny too.

I watched the "Smurf" one, where he yells out "SMURF THEM" at the very end, and I somehow think I actually remember that (deep deep in my brain somewhere, I remember that, I don't know why).

And then they had those two commercials where they said that 64 bit systems, like the Atari Jaguar are "better" than 32 bit systems....which I have later learned is not necessarily true.

Case in point, from reading The Official Program from Midwest Classic I learned that Atari 2600 is an 8 bit system, and so is Nintendo (NES). So saying that a 64 bit system is "better" than a 32 bit could be misleading.

Would anyone agree with this?