IGNORED

The O'Sheas

ntavio

If they purchased all of a bankrupt Atari's remaining inventory, why did they never sell the last games released for the 2600? I'm referring to Motorodeo, Ikari Warriors, and BMX Airmaster.

Caches of Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors have been found. Is BMX next?

I have bought a ton of Atari form them many moons ago when the were under a buck. If they had anymore they would have started selling them by now. I think the way they got into them was atari had kind of dumped them off in this underground storage way before osheas came along and then osheas bought the rights to everthing that was in it. They really took off when an article came out in maxim about over a million games found. i really think this was how the ET landfill thing started.

As for the ikari and moto i dont think we have found the reason yet how they got there.

If they purchased all of a bankrupt Atari's remaining inventory, why did they never sell the last games released for the 2600?  I'm referring to Motorodeo, Ikari Warriors, and BMX Airmaster.

Caches of Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors have been found.  Is BMX next?

1023399[/snapback]

I spoke to the guy who runs O'Sheas about 10-11 years ago. He gave me a complete list of everything that he had for the 2600 and he did not have Motorodeo, Ikari or BMX. This was before the days of eBay.

i really think this was how the ET landfill thing started.

1023409[/snapback]

I thought I heard that rumor for the first time at some point in the 80s.

My guess is that Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo just weren't produced in mass quantities like say, Galaxian and Ms. Pac Man, so Atari didn't need somewhere to "cache" them.

i really think this was how the ET landfill thing started.

1023409[/snapback]

I thought I heard that rumor for the first time at some point in the 80s.

My guess is that Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo just weren't produced in mass quantities like say, Galaxian and Ms. Pac Man, so Atari didn't need somewhere to "cache" them.

1024397[/snapback]

The E.T. news is from the 80's. I heard about it back in the 80's years before I heard of O'Sheas.

sometime after i had bought 1 each of their available games when they were still $.80 each, i got a notification from them that they had the 7800 version of fatal run in stock, which was not part of their initial selection. i never got another notification from them about them offering other, more obscure games.

I bought up all of O Sheas stock....About a million Motorodeo, Ikari Warriors, and BMX Airmaster's back in the day and buried them in a landfill in my backyard.

1024510[/snapback]

Do you happen to live in Brazil? :P

1024796[/snapback]

Or Venezuela??????????? :lust:

sometime after i had bought 1 each of their available games when they were still $.80 each, i got a notification from them that they had the 7800 version of fatal run in stock, which was not part of their initial selection. i never got another notification from them about them offering other, more obscure games.

1024420[/snapback]

I received 2 calls from Bill when he was processing my order - he kept finding copies of games that he didn't know he had, and since I had told him I wanted at least one of each, he was calling to let me know the total was changing...

This was back when they were $.80.

No Motorodeo or Ikari Warriors though... ;)

I received 2 calls from Bill when he was processing my order - he kept finding copies of games that he didn't know he had, and since I had told him I wanted at least one of each, he was calling to let me know the total was changing...

Thats how I got my first mean 18 golf. pretty good deal for 80 cents ! He had lots of stuff that was never listed.

Thats how I got my first mean 18 golf. pretty good deal for 80 cents ! He had lots of stuff that was never listed.

1028460[/snapback]

Didn't O'Sheas always have a minimum amount of games you had to buy. I remember going to the site and only needing about four games he had listed, but there was a minimum of like 12 Atari games you had to buy. Am I remembering right?