IGNORED

Like the old days(flea mkt scores)

The Piper

Well my weekend of rabid video game hunting went well.

Saturday yeilded a TON of NES stuff,but only 2 atari games.(sears pac-man + barnstorming)I like NES,so for me it was a day to smile.I got a sealed Blue Marlin,on top of around 30 other games,etc.

I even found an old PC magazine with a pre release review of my favorite game EVER,Unreal.

I got up today,Sunday and went just for the heck of it.It was cloudy so didnt look to good.In fact it rained by 9:30 A.M.

So I'll cut to the chase-I found a Coleco system complete+atari expansion,2 atari trackballs(they have white bottoms,so I'm guessing they were for the 800?),5 Atari games,no biggie on the games,but Chopper Command has its box,and Winter Games+instructions.Sadly only 1 Coleco game,Q*bert.This cost $10!!!

Then I turned the corner and saw an 810 disk drive,I asked the guy if he had the pwr supply,he said"look in those 2 boxes over there,didnt you see them?".

I looked in the 2 boxes,and to my amazement,no power supply,but both are FILLED with disks.Big boxes here,mixed original disks,and neatly labeled hacks.Each individually bagged for protection.1 box is software,the other box is games,muahahahha!So I am not a con artist or anything,when he was going thru them doing his sales routine,I had to agree that the games certainly are classics,and my eyes lit up on each game he showed me.Rightfully so!We talked for a few minutes.I asked how much he would sell a few of the games for.He said he was asking $150 for everything.

I had $27 in my pocket,and I told him that prior.Then,somewhere out of heaven,he says"why dont you give me $26,and take that box,that box,and that box"(pointing to EVERYTHING)"and keep a dollar for coffee"."And if it works out for you,next week I',m here on Saturday A.M.,you can give me more money".I said"WOO HOO"then"O.K.,I will give you another $20 Saturday"He said"yeah,great deal"

So I pulled my car around,and picked up the boxes,and grabbed the change from my car and handed it to him($3).

He was very nice,just too add something funny,I heard some other people saying "you sold that atari stuff?!?!"

This guy has never seen me before,and I don't think he expects me too actually give him $20 Saturday,this is a ghetto were talkin about here,and he is a seedy LOOKING individual himself.

Wont he poop himself when I hand him $20 next Saturday?

Before I had my computer and knew about these being worth money also,I still bought it all( at fair prices,so I thought),but I used to haggle almost every transaction.

Now I just haggle when I think the price is too high,which is very rare,judging from what I can re-sell the doubles for.Thats just me.

For the year or so that I have been on Atariage, I have always said that I have never found anything good for sale in the wild, but today I will have to change what I have said, for today I went to my local comic book store and found Defender II, mint and sealed in the box, & Titlematch pro Wrestling, loose cart, and bought them both for $5.00, but more than the cheap price I paid, I feel good that I did not have to go to Ebay for somthing new for my collection.