IGNORED

Top 10 Worst Magazines/Sites

This thread got me thinking... We ought to give these Atari-bashing mags & sites a taste of their own medicine. How about we list up all the magazines & sites that we think are the worst? I'll start:

EGM - For giving the 32X version of Doom a better score than the obviously superior Jaguar version.

IGN - For making the Jaguar controller the #1 worst controller ever (and probably didn't even try it.)

What else you got? What site recently said that E.T. was the worst game ever? (And no, it wasn't mine!)

• 1 month later...

I remember they imported EGM in the the Uk for a bit. Cannot say I liked it much but I just used to buy it for the jaguar reviews. So I would have already have bought doom long since. Have to say that I actually liked the jag controller... and i also liked ET.... check my info about in in the 2600 section though I probably should have put it in this one...

• 1 month later...
I remember they imported EGM in the the Uk for a bit. Cannot say I liked it much but I just used to buy it for the jaguar reviews. So I would have already have bought doom long since. Have to say that I actually liked the jag controller...

At a time that I was struggling to come to grips with gamepads, quite literally, due to having quite long fingers (the early pads, including the PSX pads, were designed for midgets) I found the Jag controller to be a godsend.

Could have had a better quality feel to it, though. :ponder:

• 2 months later...

You know, EGM isn't the only thing that gave the 32X version of Doom a better score. I've never played either one, so I can't really say. EGM has been a fine publication for many years. It has had many good writers and editors, and it is almost fully responsible for getting me back into gaming in the late 90s. I don't really think you can completely put down a magazine because it had one review you disagreed with 10 years ago or so.

• 3 weeks later...