IGNORED

Time to say goodbye to the hobby.

General Atarian

Sad to say, I have to say farewell to the hobby of collecting. Money problems.

I have 2 pending trades I will still complete. After that It is time to go.

Sorry about the t-shirts. I cannot afford to produce them (I would have still had to front the money)

Are there any bidders on my entire 2600 collection? I prefer to sell it as complete. I just need to get it over with. As mushy as it sounds, I would be to sad to see it go slowly piece by piece. You can check it out at my web site. I will ensure that is updated. It will be a silent auction. Send me some bids, I will take a good one in a few days, if there are any bids.

Thanks for the good times.

Good luck, God bless, and never stop looking.

One of the highlights of my everyday, was checking into this board and talking with all of you. You all will be missed.

[ 06-08-2002: Message edited by: General Atarian ]

Now why do you have to leave the board? I understand the money problems and the need to sell your collection, but is your interest in Atari gone as well?

Even if all you have is an emulator and some ROMS, I would think you would still visit this site. It's not like we check to make sure you have a collection. All you need is a love for the games.

Don't do it! Don' t sell your carts?? I mean, there must be another way to raise some cash?? I have as many games as you do and it's been a long & fun time trying to get back the games I used to have when I was 16.......must be a way??

....I have another hobbie, synthesizers...and I remember about 7 years ago I had money problems and in a panic I sold my vintage beautiful big analog mint Roland Jupiter 6....now to get it back will cost me 3 times as much as I paid for it....blah!

What if someone "buys" your games, and holds them for you until you are back to normal, then you can buy the

games back at no interest???

This thread makes no sense...

Maybe it is depressing to give up all of your classic gaming stuff, but why does that destroy your interest also?

Well here's my theory about the whole thing:

General Atarian shares their computer with someone who can detect whether they have gotton rid of all evidence of classic gaming interest or items (maybe a wife or something). If he continues to visit this forum, he will likely be tempted to purchase stuff, and his money problem being as it is, his "wife" would not like that to happen.

So he is forced to go "underground" with his classic gaming interest. He likely won't sell off ALL of his stuff, but he will conceal it very well from all that know him.

Late at night, he will sneak to his underground lair and play Solaris and River Raid. And the next day, his wife will wonder why he's so happy after having made him give up his only true love.

She will then hire a private investigator who will catch him in the act. They will be featured on Jerry Springer, and the rest will be history.

The End

[ 06-09-2002: Message edited by: KAZ ]

Next on Jerry Springer: Atari is destroying our marriage

Beep Beep, blipity beep, you didn't get rid of the beepity beeeeeeping Atari! I'm divorcing you beepity beeeeeeeep!!!

And Jerry's last thoughts:

"Classic Gaming is a pleasant pastime but it goes too far when the dishes need to be done, or the trash taken out. So if next time you hear 'I've almost flipped the score, one second,' you may have taken the interest too far."

I gave up collecting once it became impossible to find the games "in the wild." It just wasn't fun anymore so I sold everything. Made a big chunk of cash too but that was by selling off stuff piece by piece (on ebay). The good stuff will go to the highest bidders who are typically the most serious collectors. I'm sure all my best stuff went into good hands.

But I'm still into the games (play on an emulator) and read this Web site and maintain my interest so there ya go. Stick around.