IGNORED

Atari Video Club (IL) local meetings

Dan Iacovelli

this is bascily for the people who live in IL and surrounding states(not to be confused with VGS):

I'm basiclly working the day shift at my work now so there is going be plans on getting a local meeting togther either toward the end of this year or early 2007.

I basicly can either do a meeting on sundays or saturdays(location TBD(might end up back at westchester libary again unless I find a difernt location(a freinds house maybe or the comunity center by me)

• 5 months later...

I'm reviving this topic, since VGS won't be happening next year,I figure it would be the best time ro revive the local meetings.

location to be announced some time january(Ihave to find out the infomation about it though,last time I contacted the place it was around the time they were remodling) the date will be on Satuday after 3pm(either some time in the fall or spring 2007)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 1 month later...

Hey, do you guys meet up in Chicago regulary? How large is your group? Do you know of any other groups in Chicago?

besides us there is SCAT they meet regularly(http://www.scatarians.org/ )

I'm going be working on starting to get a meetings together for next year.

I'm going to try for Saturdays,but it won't regular, prob start with two meetings a year since it won't be at my home.

when I do VGS it will be one meeting a year though because VGS will take up the second meeting.

if you want to know any other groups(besides atari) let me know I know a few)

• 1 month later...

minor update:

I hoping to have a meeting at the westchester public libaray second Sun sunday of march(figured to have then because it would be a bit warmer)

I e-mailed the libaray but got no replay back, I do plan on going over there some time this mont ot next(Ihave few things to pic up plus Iwant ask about the room to see if it will be avialable for that date)

when it's offical I will let you know.(this will basicly the only meeting scheduled unless we get more people interested)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

minor update:

I hoping to have a meeting at the westchester public libaray second Sun sunday of march(figured to have then because it would be a bit warmer)

I e-mailed the libaray but got no replay back, I do plan on going over there some time this mont ot next(Ihave few things to pic up plus Iwant ask about the room to see if it will be avialable for that date)

when it's offical I will let you know.(this will basicly the only meeting scheduled unless we get more people interested)

second sunday is out they got the room booked for that day,I could try for Saturday of march or maybe april.

any ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

here are the dates I'm looking at for the local meeting in IL:

Third Sunday of March

Second Saturday of March

First Sunday of April

Second Saturday of April

(I know the first sunday of april is april fools day )

I'm planning to contact the libaray after the first of janyary to secure a day.

tell me what you think.

• 3 weeks later...

here are the dates I'm looking at for the local meeting in IL:

Third Sunday of March

Second Saturday of March

First Sunday of April

Second Saturday of April

(I know the first sunday of april is april fools day )

I'm planning to contact the libaray after the first of january to secure a day.

tell me what you think.

I haven't back from anybody here(or on the AVC IL yahoo group(well one person did vote but thats all I got so far)

please pm your vote(if you on the yahoo group the poll is still up)

• 2 weeks later...

minor bump:

this is just to inform you I've preselected 2 possible dates for meetings:

March 18th,2007 and April 15th,2007 (both meeting are scheduled to begin at 2:30pm)

I'm going to contact the Library tomarrow with the two dates and as soon Iget it green lighted I'll have some more details about the meetings.

(AVC IL yahoo group memebers have most of the information

but as mentioned it's not confirmed yet) the poll iss till good at least until end of Feb.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

the club is basicly fanzine based(that the national club not the local)

AVC also does Video game summit and runs the Jagfest section at MGC.

The local club hasn't been doing anything lately our last attempt for meeting was back in 2000 I think. This year I want it get back togther

see what other atari gamers are up to and see if they have any ideas for future.(this meeting is also going be used to discuss plans for VGS'08)

The club(national) also sponsors the chat meetings,and have at least

6 yahoo groups (AVC IL, AVC VA(which is basicly dead I'm thinking

of droping it), two Jaguar Community United groups(one discusion,one announcments)VGS and Jagfest)

besides the Fanzine, we also have shop on Cafepress.com

we also had a hand with Atari Jaguar directory web site.

check out the AVC website for what we do.

• 2 weeks later...

minor bump:

this is just to inform you I've preselected 2 possible dates for meetings:

March 18th,2007 and April 15th,2007 (both meeting are scheduled to begin at 2:30pm)

I'm going to contact the Library tomarrow with the two dates and as soon Iget it green lighted I'll have some more details about the meetings.

(AVC IL yahoo group memebers have most of the information

but as mentioned it's not confirmed yet) the poll iss till good at least until end of Feb.

it's now confirmed AVC local meeting in IL will take place on March 18th,2007 at 2:30pm

(this will howver be our only meeting at this time they turned down the April date since I

forgot it was basiclly tax date) and it will be 2 hrs long.

the first hour will be a meet and greet, where I will introduce myself and get to know you

as well we discuss The following:

• Club matters: future meeting dates, newsletter ideas,meeting ideas
  • ideas for future club outings: amusement park,flea markets,amusement places
  • trade show or swap meet ideas VGS or smaller show

The second half of the meeting will be used for trading and possible demoing some items.

(please Do not bring stuff for selling,since it's at a library and I told them no money will be collected I don't to get in trouble)

on the subject of bring stuff to demo please let me know first this way I can set you up(space is limited)

We should be out of there by 4:30pm

the location of the library is:

10700 Canterbury Street, Westchester, Illinois 60154

I should be there around 2pm to set up and unlike the first time I did this

I will greet you at the door of the library and direct you.

(incase I get off work at 1:45pm I'll bether around 2:15pm)

here is the url to library : http://www.westchesterpl.org/index.htm

E-mail me if you plan on coming.

• 3 weeks later...

justa minor bump: to let you know one of the main discussions at the meeting will be VGS'08 as well ideas for future shows or smaller ones(swap meet) I'v been in contact with fairfield inn prices has gone up,but still in price range so we will touch on the locations that have contacted me. ( also we also touch on startinga new comittee for 2008,not there was any thing wrong with old one, minor glitches here and there

still a good bunch of people,but if we get some more people to help and we get some of the old guys back we can make it work)

• 2 weeks later...

just a minor bump: to let you know one of the main discussions at the meeting will be VGS'08 as well ideas for future shows or smaller ones(swap meet) I'v been in contact with fairfield inn prices has gone up,but still in price range so we will touch on the locations that have contacted me. ( also we also touch on startinga new comittee for 2008,not there was any thing wrong with old one, minor glitches here and there

still a good bunch of people,but if we get some more people to help and we get some of the old guys back we can make it work)

one week from today :D

ok folks: the meeting is a go.

I am working but I get of at 11am.

so I'm planning to get there 15 minutes before the start time to set up a few things.

also to those who are going there helping me with Battlesphere network

Demo let me know for sure that your coming and I'll get back to you

on that(I plan on bringing my jag(base only and bs and few other carts

as well jaglink( maybe a my 12 incher as well, the libary might have a spare tv to use I'm noit sure I'll e-mail them to find out))

we will prob need 2 or 3 tvs for the jaglink.

hope to see ya on sunday at 2:30pm

(so far weather is hold out for us as well, it look like rain,then it changed)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

a qiuck bump:

to anybody going to meeting tomarrow come to saturday night chat at irc.sorcery.net ch.#atari at 7pm ct.

this is basicly so I know who might be coming or what is bringing what.

Also around 5pm tomarrow right after the meeting join me for the follow up chat to see what we talked about and any news about the club. this chat will also be at irc.sorcery.net

a qiuck bump:

to anybody going to meeting tomarrow come to saturday night chat at irc.sorcery.net ch.#atari at 7pm ct.

this is basicly so I know who might be coming or what is bringing what.

Also around 5pm tomarrow right after the meeting join me for the follow up chat to see what we talked about and any news about the club. this chat will also be at irc.sorcery.net

Final bump on this topic:

meeting is at 2:30pm today. If your coming let me know.

(chances are I won't be bringing a tv with me, because the car I'll be in will be full of junk

so if your coming to help with the demo please bring as many tv's you can)

saddly, nobody showed up for the meeting. so based on that there won't be another meeting agian for while(at least until Sept))

Also forgot to mention the 2pm AVC Saturday chats at the telenet chat room(same used for Euro chats)

will be used for discussing the items that would have been said at the the meeting.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

AVC chat now in progress at telnet://www.atarinews.org til 7pm

the purpose of this chat is to discuss the following:

VGS'08 plans, club ideas (future outings, swap meet type shows,newsletter ideas...)

(if you haven't been to this bbs: you have to type bbs for login and password and then entera user id and passowrd then enter T then C)

AVC chat now in progress at telnet://www.atarinews.org til 7pm

the purpose of this chat is to discuss the following:

VGS'08 plans, club ideas (future outings, swap meet type shows,newsletter ideas...)

(if you haven't been to this bbs: you have to type bbs for login and password and then entera user id and passowrd then enter T then C)

AVC chat now in progress at telnet://www.atarinews.org

til 7pm the purpose of these chat is to discuss the following:

(if you haven't been to this bbs: you have to type bbs for login and password and then enter a user id and passowrd then enter T then C)