IGNORED

Why am i so damn lucky all of a sudden?

MattG/Snyper2099

I can't explain it??? Another great find today! Two weeks in a row I'm racking it in. :-) Today I got:

-Mr Do's Castle (colecovision)

-Fathom (CV)

-Pitstop (CV)

-Front Line (+manual) (2600)

-Seaquest (only got it cause of a nice label)

-Mr Do's Castle (2600 manual)

-H.E.R.O. (+manual) (2600)

I Picked these up for $2.50 each. :-)

2.50 each?? I used to pick bags with 4-5 games VSC or Jaguar for 95 cents

OH YEAH? I found an abandoned truck full of Atari 2600 games. About 500, for FREE!!

I've heard it thousands of times on this message board and it is kinda irritating to read.

Whenever someone says they had a good find in the wild, another person says something stupid like "I found 1000 carts for $.70".

People who start the topics like this want others to be HAPPY for them, but some just can't resist trying their best to make the other feel like they paid too much for Atari stuff.

Or it turns into a competition about who has gotton the very best deal ever.

Why do you guys do that? ****ing insensitive I'd say.

[ 06-10-2002: Message edited by: KAZ ]

@KAZ, I agree with you and I hate when that happens. I just post my good finds on here to let other people know that there are good things still out there to be found. I hate when it turns into a bragging match too. I just like to let people know what I've found, what I have to trade, and, that it is possible to still find great games for good prices, ect. I have a story published in DP that goes along with this idea in the 6th edition on page 258. I only post my finds to encourage other people to hunt in their own towns.

kudos,

MattG

That's cool...I wasn't trying to be agressive towards you in particular osbo.

Whenever I see posts like: Look at this amazing find, I simply have come to expect certain responses.

Ocassionally, I'll see a newbie type collector (I could almost be considered one myself tho)...who seems to be paying way to high for an item, like on Ebay or whatever.

If I see it, I would be the type that would actually try to save them from making a mistake. But after the fact, I would never think of telling them they paid too high-that is going too far.

Very nice start on a manual collection there Krytol. I just had a manual find last weekend myself, and now it has me kind of interested to start collecting the manuals for NES and 2600 games. Although I'll still never actively collect boxes, just not enough room for that madness. Hope you keep finding them!!