IGNORED

Hulk for the 2600

lhfreak

I have a strange feeling that a proto for the Incredible Hulk (PB) wil surface right around the time that the movie hits the theatres (a la Lord of the Rings) The screenshot (drawn) and description of the game in the PB catalog is too detailed for there NOT to be a proto. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't doubt that the Increadible hulk exists. All the available evidence seems to point to at least a partially finished proto existing.

As for Mr. Bill, it has been confirmed that work never started on the game. Sorry to burst your bubble about that one. I would have liked to see it too...

Tempest

No really, but then again he's a pretty limited character.

"Hulk Smash!"

"Hulk Angry!"

"Hulk Smash Again!"

I mean exactly what was he going to do other than be put into a fighting game? It's not like your going to have him in an RPG:

"Hmm... Hulk needs the blue key to get into the wizards sanctuary. Perhaps I should go search the town to south for more infortmation about... Too much work! Hulk Angry! Hulk Smash down wizards door!"

Tempest

[ 06-10-2002: Message edited by: Tempest ]

The age-old dilemna: how to transfer a comics character into a game (or, film) and end up with a worthwhile result.

I know how I'd make a 3D Hulk game, but on older Atari systems, I don't know. It'd be fun and challenging to make such a game I think. Hulk would have to use his brute strength to beat each level.

What do you think about this idea for an Atari or 80's style Hulk game: Hulk is on a platform game (think similar to Donkey Kong, just for argument's sake). But rather than simply climb & jump stuff, Hulk would have to jump into the air to reach airborn foes. When he landed, if he lands on one part of the floor it would cause the entire level to shift. Maybe the level could be shifting unsteadily anyway, you'd need to do that to get to the goal. There were other times you'd have to time it to land on 'safe' spots where you wouldn't wreck the level structure. If you didn't beat the level by getting to the end & eliminating foes by the time the clock gets to zero, you run out of gamma juice and Banner dies.

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

No really, but then again he's a pretty limited character.

"Hulk Smash!"

"Hulk Angry!"

"Hulk Smash Again!"

I mean exactly what was he going to do other than be put into a fighting game? It's not like your going to have him in an RPG:

"Hmm... Hulk needs the blue key to get into the wizards sanctuary. Perhaps I should go search the town to south for more infortmation about... Too much work! Hulk Angry! Hulk Smash down wizards door!"

Tempest

[ 06-10-2002: Message edited by: Tempest ]

There was a text adventure staring the Hulk, for the old 8-bit computers. It was called Questprobe #1: The Hulk. I have never played it so I dont know if its any good.

But I found a link to a page where you could actually play the game, and some other old Scott Adams adventure games. Could be fun, if you feel like droping the joysticks for a moment

Scott Adams classis adventures

Scott Adams' Hulk game isn't bad, if you enjoy the old, two word command text adventure games, that is. I really enjoy 'em, personally. (My favorite Scott Adams game is The Count.) If I remember right, you spend most of the game (not surprisingly) as Banner, and become the Hulk only to get past a few key obstacles.

I'm glad to hear that what evidence exists points to the existence of a proto. I can remember seeing the Parker Brothers catalog that listed the Hulk game, and looking forward to getting my hands on the cart...which never arrived.