IGNORED

Q For XF551 owners...

Bryan

I was looking at the XF551 schematic from J Sobola's site, and I noticed it was quite a bit different from mine. Can anyone post a picture of their XF551 main board as I'm trying to track down what the different versions were.

-Bry

I have just upgraded to HyperXF ROM, so it is not problem to make a picture

1032015[/snapback]

Cool.. thanks. Yours looks like mine (right down to the jumper because they wired the switch backwards). The schematic shows a 330 ohm resistor in R12, but it looks like you've got a 220 like me. Also, it shows a crystal oscillator circuit but we both have a one-piece TTL oscillator instead. What was your old ROM version? Mine was 7.4.

-Bry

aha, mine has EPROM without any number. And yes there is only 4 KB of code. There is also A12 of ROM connected to GND so it is in not possible to read more than 4 KB without mod. I am thinking about simple mod with switch so I can have original ROM and HyperXF in one 27C64.

Edited by krupkaj

What is the 34-pin header going to do for the XF551? :?
I'm replacing the XF551's very short floppy cable with a pin header, so I can plug in a standard floppy cable instead. This will make it a lot easier to mount my 3.5-inch mech, which is currently using a makeshift extension that I cobbled together.