IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 35: Canyon Bomber

Ze_ro

Well, originally I figured everyone would play against the computer... but does it actually make it any harder or easier in this case? You guys obviously have more experience with this one than I do. I did say Player vs. Computer in the game settings...

Excellent score there 5th ghost! You never cease to amaze me :)

And on a third note, anyone have any good suggestions for next week's game?

--Zero

With the difficulty set on A/A, the computer's game ends once it misses 6 times. This will happen about midway through the 1st canyon, so after that you have to clear everything yourself. As a consequence, that means you will get a higher score faster, but have to be more accurate.

On difficulty B/B, the computer keeps shooting, regardless if it misses or not. It's shot meter goes down with every miss you make, so once you miss 6 times, the game ends. Now this way, the computer will rack up a higher score because it is constantly dropping bombs, meaning you will score less points in each canyon. Sometimes the computer helps, sometimes it hurts you.

That said, I got my score of 2,447 on Dif A/A making it to just the 4th canyon. I had to clear 9 canyons on Dif B/B to get 3,033!

So, it's a toss up as to which setting is tougher. Both have their pros and cons.

I'd suggest Q-Bert's Qubes Dif B/B (expert)...awesome game! I don't know how it translates on the emulator though, which may be how most people would have to play it since it is a rare game.

Thanks Ze_ro! :)

Tips:

1) Make the sides your 1st priority. Clear the canyon from the outside in. This way, when you are near finishing it, you will leave yourself an opportunity to hit the bricks in the middle, regardless of which side the plane comes out or how fast. Resist the temptation to drop bombs in the middle of the canyon, you'll get your chance in the end.

2) Look to see where the bomb exits each different plane. This will help you time your shots just right.

Well, originally I figured everyone would play against the computer... but does it actually make it any harder or easier in this case? You guys obviously have more experience with this one than I do. I did say Player vs. Computer in the game settings...

Can't see how the computer would make things easier. Getting the last few bricks is hard; if there were no computer player, one would get a lot more points before it was necessary to get them. 401 is my best so far.

Well, that depends which switch was which I think... I think one switch is for player one and the other for player two... I'm also not sure if the computer player abides by the settings...

Anyways, that's the end of this week's edition of the High Score Club. Congratulations to everyone on their scores, and I hope you'll all join us again for next week's game!

--Zero