IGNORED

Toronto 300baud BBS?

Atari-Jess

I got my 130XE with XM301 set up and I want to test it out.

All the BBS' I can find need >1200bps and I only have 300 baud modems (two XM301s and a 300 Bot Engineering Pocket Modem)

So if you know a working BBS that will let me connect in the 416 area code, please let me know ASAP!

Thanks

Bayman BBS, The

416-698-6573

9600, V34, V32b, V42b

East York, ON General BBS, Messages/Networks, FidoNet, Files, Online Games.

Sysop: Bruce Hussey

(in case any of you were curious, thats a Toronto BBS, he does respond to email btw. 1200bps is the minimum connection speed.)

Edited by Atari-Jess

Bayman BBS, The

416-698-6573

9600, V34, V32b, V42b

East York, ON General BBS, Messages/Networks, FidoNet, Files, Online Games.

Sysop: Bruce Hussey

(in case any of you were curious, thats a Toronto BBS, he does respond to email btw. 1200bps is the minimum connection speed.)

Yeah I was gonna say, That even when dial-up BBS's were still popular, most of them would not allow you to connect at 300bps.. Last time I was able to connect to a BBS system at 300bps was in the 80s.

If you can find an atari 850 interface, or ICD P:R: Connection interface, you can use any standard Hayes Compatable external modem. If youd have posted this a week earlier, I just canabalized a perfectly good US Robotics Courier HST 9600.

There are still BBSes in Toronto?

Seriously?

:o

I'm impressed. I haven't called a real BBS since 1997. :) You should see if you can find an SX212 modem. It's crap, but it's 1200 baud and it's direct-connect.

Real Atari BBSs...running on real Atari software and hardware... Yep, they are still around. See my sig. :)

I got my 130XE with XM301 set up and I want to test it out.

All the BBS' I can find need >1200bps and I only have 300 baud modems (two XM301s and a 300 Bot Engineering Pocket Modem)

So if you know a working BBS that will let me connect in the 416 area code, please let me know ASAP!

Thanks

I've got a Hayes Accura 14.4 that I'll let ya have for next to nothing + shipping. :)

Even for the SX212 you will need an Interface. :x

If you do find a BBS that lets you log on @ 300 baud, use 1030 EXPRESS!, XE-Term is kinda sucky.

BTW, the XM301 isn't a very reliable modem, but that's all I had back in the day (early - mid 80's)

I remember having to push the '9' key on another touch-tone phone to log-on to Commodore BBS's.

No Atari BBS's in Fort Smith, AR at that time so I had to call long-dist., ran up a $370 phone bill

the first month I had it. Fortunately AT&T let me out of it or I wouldn't have had an allowance for a year....

Edited by highendsystems

• 1 year later...