IGNORED

Freeway Randomizer Application - Generates Custom Freeway Games

Atarius Maximus

This is a small visual basic application that I wrote tonight just for fun. I'm on a business trip in Dallas this week, and I'm just killing a little time in my hotel room. :)

This app will generate dasm-compilable source code that randomly changes the traffic patterns of the cars -- the number of cars per lane and how fast they move. You can choose the filename and location where the source code will be saved. You'll need to compile the source manually after it's created, it doesn't automatically make the .bin file.

The executable should run on any Windows 9x or NT based PC as-is, but if anyone has any trouble running it, let me know and I'll compile a setup.exe installation package for it.

Steve

FreewayRandomizer.zip

Edited by Atarius Maximus

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a zip file of 100 Randomly generated Freeway games created with this application. This makes playing a quick game of Freeway a little more interesting...you never know what you're going to get. ;)

Source and BINs included.

Steve

100Freeways.zip

[constructive criticism]

A better solution would be to make the alternate random seeds selectable within the game (with 2k of extra space, this shouldn't pose much of a problem). Then you wouldn't need so many builds of the same concept. Otherwise, good idea :)

[/constructive criticism]

[constructive criticism]

A better solution would be to make the alternate random seeds selectable within the game (with 2k of extra space, this shouldn't pose much of a problem). Then you wouldn't need so many builds of the same concept. Otherwise, good idea :)

[/constructive criticism]

I agree with you, that would be a much more professional approach. This was just a spur of the moment idea that I had while playing freeway, I put that VB application together in about 10 minutes. ;) As I get time, I'll look into implementing it into the game itself.

Steve