IGNORED

SpiceWare's Blog - 3 fireballs

RSS Bot

I now have the 3 fireballs bouncing around most of the playfield. I haven't rewritten the lower castle routines so the fireballs disappear while they traverse the lower 1/4th of the screen.

blog-3056-1142917210_thumb.jpg

I also made the left castles have a checkerboard pattern to make sure my updates to PF0 and PF1 are happening when they should. As you can tell by the purple castle, the original code wasn't quite up to spec :lolblue:

There's also a few things odd with the fireballs

• X position 0 thru 4* are showing on the right side of the screen
    I can use X values 5-164* to compensate, so it's not a major problem
  • There's a weird "hiccup" as the fireballs cross over pixel 8* from the left edge of the screen
    I'm using the positioning routine that Robert Mundschau posted to the Stella List a couple years back. I'll have to try another routine and compare the results. Another routine might fix X range as well.
  • The fireballs are smaller than the one in Warlords
    I'm using a 2LK along with the PHP trick as mentioned here at the MiniDig, so the ball/missiles span 2 scan lines. In Warlords the ball moves in 2 scan line increments, but is displayed over 4 scan lines. I doubt there's time to change it for all 3 fireballs so they'll be staying at 2 scan lines.

* may not be exact pixels

Anyhow it's time for bed. Here's the source and BIN if you care to take a look Medieval_Mayhem_2006_03_20.zip

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...&showentry=1360