IGNORED

Second Run of Cuttle Carts?

cschell

Hello,

I've sold out of the first run of Atari 2600 Cuttle Carts, and I'm attempting to determine if there is sufficient interest to justify a second run.

You can find details on the Cuttle Cart here:

http://www.schells.com/cuttlecart.shtml

If you're interested in one, and would like to see more produced please let me know.

Thanks,

Chad

gamer@schells.com

I'll be reviewing the Cuttle Cart here on AtariAge soon, so that may help spur additional interest. It would probably be disappointing to some people if we post a review of a product that people can no longer purchase. I'd love to be able to say at the end of the review that people can visit your site to purchase a Cuttle Cart (or at the very least you're planning another production run and I can update the article when you do have more available).

..Al

It would probably be disappointing to some people if we post a review of a product that people can no longer purchase.  

I'm sure that's true, but the thought of spending thousands of dollars on a run of carts I can't sell just doesn't work for me. I just don't have that kind of money to toss around casually.

Chad

quote:

Originally posted by C. Schell:

I'm sure that's true, but the thought of spending thousands of dollars on a run of carts I can't sell just doesn't work for me. I just don't have that kind of money to toss around casually.

Understandable, I guess I hadn't realized that you need to spend that much up front to produce the carts. Well, considering how quickly you sold out of your initial 100 (it was 100, right?), I don't think you'd have problems selling another 100, although not in the same amount of time obviously. What you might want to do is get firm commitments for around a quarter to half of that number and then produce another run. You'd quickly recoup your costs (hopefully!) and then have some extras to parcel out to those who discover it later.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

What you might want to do is get firm commitments for around a quarter to half of that number and then produce another run.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. So far I have not received a sufficient number of interested parties.

And the initial run was 98 carts. Two carts were unrepairable .

Chad

quote:

Originally posted by C. Schell:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. So far I have not received a sufficient number of interested parties.

I'm not sure where else you posted this, but considering you only posted it yesterday I think it's a little early to write off a second run of Cuttle Carts due to interest you've received thus far. I personally hope enough people write you requesting a Cuttle Cart. You did a wonderful job creating it and as more people discover it I'm sure more people will want one.

Have you considered selling them on eBay?

..Al

quote:

I'm not sure where else you posted this, but considering you only posted it yesterday I think it's a little early to write off a second run of Cuttle Carts due to interest you've received thus far.

I didn't mean to give the impression that I have written off a second run. I was only stating that at this point there is not enough interest. I certainly was planning on giving it more time before making that decision.

As for where else I've posted, just rgvc. I'm not much of a salesman. It bothers me to go around and shove things in people's faces.

quote:

I personally hope enough people write you requesting a Cuttle Cart. You did a wonderful job creating it and as more people discover it I'm sure more people will want one.

I hope so too. And I appreciate the kind words. What actually has surprised me the most about the Cuttle Cart has been the lack of word of mouth advertising for it. The Intellicart received a lot of word of mouth when it first came out. I guess it probably has a lot to do with the fact that the Intellicart came out of nowhere, whereas now people know who I am and what I do. (And the stupid timing problem certainly didn't help either.)

As for ebay, no I haven't gone that route yet. I had miserable luck with the Intellicart on ebay though, so I don't count on much success there.

I'll see how it goes,

Chad