IGNORED

Planet Bob - Amiga MOD Music 2

RSS Bot

Hi there!

Note: This entry is a straight follow up to the first one. You'll find a link to a Winamp Plugin for MOD music there.

After some more quality time spent with Google, I managed to track down some more legendary (to me at least :lol: ) Amiga Sound-Tracker modules.

The new attached ZIP contains those four this time:

tsm-intro

Admittedly not the greatest tune ever, but coming from the C64 the quality of the samples just blew me away back then. I listended to it so often that I never forgot the stuttering T-T-T-T-TTT-S-S-S-M-M-M-M-MMM effect. In fact, all my 2600 music drivers are called TSM because of that ;)

sky.14

The "Enemies" tune I mentioned in my last entry. Again, it's probably not as great as I remember it, yet it was one of my favourite tunes. Again great use of sampled speech. Hm... was it the first to use the "Okay" and "I love You" samples? At least I heard them first here I think.

starscroll

This one I also already mentioned in the first MOD post. It's the "Wild Copper" one. Of course, it uses the "I love you" sample as well ;)

Anyone knowing where it originally comes from? Is it from the 80's movie with the computer controlled house? Or from "Weird Science"? Hm...

I know the "Okay" sample is from the German one-hit wonder "Okay" which had a song called "O.K." ;) around the time when Bomb the Bass had their legendary "Beat Dis" single in the charts.

Uihjah, there was a time when I liked chart music :-o

-=>Keep this frequency clear<=- :lol:

BTW: Anyone remember "Paranoimia feat. Max Headroom" from The Art of Noise?

-=>The Art of Noise is weird - The Art of Noise is paranoid<=- :lolblue:

Ooopsa, where was I... aha...

megaforce02

That was from a very cool disk. It was one of the first "megademos", where they had a complete Amiga diskette dedicated just for one giant multipart demo. Before that, demos where just introductions to cracked software, so this was a turning point then, transmogrifying demos into "legal" art :D

Always loved that tune, I even could "play" the melody on a piano. Hey, hey :)

mod2.zip

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...&showentry=1377