IGNORED

unreleased coleco games..........

Most unreleased Coleco games never got past being a non-playble demo. Coleco would amass a large number of demos to display at the trade shows in order to get the retailers feedback on them. If enough retailers liked a certain game, they'd make it. They also used this large collection of games to put a little fear into the competition.

"How do I know this?" You ask me. Well, I've been lucky enough to interview Dave Johnson (the Director of Video Graphics at Coleco from 1982-1985) and I've learned a lot of information about the innerworkings of our beloved Coleco.

Want to read the interview? Well, you'll get to in a few of weeks. ColecoNation #8 should be out by mid-April. It'll be worth the wait.

+ Nathan

Most unreleased Coleco games never got past being a non-playble demo. Coleco would amass a large number of demos to display at the trade shows in order to get the retailers feedback on them. If enough retailers liked a certain game, they'd make it. They also used this large collection of games to put a little fear into the competition.

"How do I know this?" You ask me. Well, I've been lucky enough to interview Dave Johnson (the Director of Video Graphics at Coleco from 1982-1985) and I've learned a lot of information about the innerworkings of our beloved Coleco.

Want to read the interview? Well, you'll get to in a few of weeks. ColecoNation #8 should be out by mid-April. It'll be worth the wait.

+ Nathan

I really wished coleco had survived longer. It was a major part of my childhood. I would have loved to have seen more games for it, especially arcade styled ones. I was an arcade junky and I simply had to have every game on the coleco that was in the arcade. I cant believe it only lasted 3 years. it felt so much longer.

I just saw a list of unreleased colcovision games and Im wondering if any, if not all, have somehow made it to the black internet market in forms of MAME? if so, anyone have a link?

I'm sure you can find roms for a few unreleased Atarisoft CV titles if you look hard enough.

I got the pac man one but for some reason, am unable to play it on my emmulator.

I just saw a list of unreleased colcovision games and Im wondering if any, if not all, have somehow made it to the black internet market in forms of MAME? if so, anyone have a link?

I'm sure you can find roms for a few unreleased Atarisoft CV titles if you look hard enough.

I got the pac man one but for some reason, am unable to play it on my emmulator.

Are you talking aobut opcode's "Pac-Man Collection" demo? If so there's still a nasty bug regarding emulators using physical joysticks. Otherwise the AtariSoft one works just fine.