IGNORED

Moniterm Rolling

crash

Greetings,

My TT030 and 19inch Moniterm monitor have a vertical hold issue sometimes, causing the screen to roll rapidly. Can anyone suggest whether this is caused by the computer _or_ the monitor?

I opened up the Moniterm and looked for a vert hold adjustment which I didn't find, but I'm wondering if the computer needs service.

Thanks!

Greetings,

My TT030 and 19inch Moniterm monitor have a vertical hold issue sometimes, causing the screen to roll rapidly. Can anyone suggest whether this is caused by the computer _or_ the monitor?

I opened up the Moniterm and looked for a vert hold adjustment which I didn't find, but I'm wondering if the computer needs service.

Thanks!

Hmm, without a built in vertical adjustment, thats a tough one.

I doubt its this, but have you tried moving the monitor as far away from the TT as you can?

Do you have another monitor that you can hook up to the TT to test? The TT works with standard VGA monitors so you could rule out which it is that way as well.

HTHs.

Although I personally never used a TT, I remember reading about this problem being mentioned in an old ST Format magazine. The article stated the TTs 19" monochrome monitor sitting on top of the case caused problems because the monitor was too heavy and caused the case to sag, affecting the components underneath.

could be similar to your problem, if the big monitor weighs too much.