IGNORED

Can somebody help me?

SavannahDJ

Well, if you don't mind using midi's, the following site is quite a good source: http://www.vgmusic.com/

Secondly, you may be able to pick up some theme songs in mp3 form by searching around audiogalaxy (try searches on 'Video Game Music' & 'Nintendo' & 'Commodore', and other specific searches).

If you want to actually record the songs yourself, my advice would be to look for emulators that allow wave file recording (I think Nesticle & genecyst allow this... not sure as I haven't played with these in a while).

I've been wanting an arcade theme audio cd for a while, and managed to grab a fair amount of tracks... just haven't gotten round to actually burning the cd yet

Hope this helps,

Noble Kale

is Genecyst a Genesis emulator? cause even though there are a lot of NES and Atari music i want, there are about about a dozen or more Genesis games that have a bunch of songs that i would like to get from them. As for the NES and other versions, midi's would do ok, less i cant get a exact copy from the game themselves.

What i want to do is to rip some songs off of old video games and put them onto a cd. Does anybody know how to do this? For example, i have a bunch of old systems, 2600, NES, Sega Gen...and alot of games for those systems have songs that i'd like to listen to on a cd but i dont know how to take them and put them on a disc. Can somebody tell me how to do it? Like on the old Sega game Ghostbusters, there are the battle songs when you fight the boss ghost and i dont know how to take that song and put it on a disc. Can somebody tell me what to do? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

ps, when i say "rip off" i dont mean it in a way that is likely to get me sued by the game companies. I just want the songs so i can listen to em on a cd for my own use. Not like im gonna sell em. I dont think anybody else would like the old midi's and songs from these old games anyway.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: SavannahDJ ]

Indeed, genecyst is a genesis/mega drive emulator. It's made by the same group who wrote Nesticle (blood lust software if I remember rightly). If you can't find a copy anywhere, I'd be happy to put one up on my uni site temporarily.

One of my fav. sound tracks... Altered Beast