IGNORED

colecoprogramming@yahoogroups.com

azliel

I refuse to get involved with any Yahoo group which is "members only" to read messages.

I can understand that for a list which includes personal stuff, like a support group, but not for a technical group. I'm guessing that it's just the default and almost nobody thinks to change it.

FWIW, there's an Intellivision YG which is not members-only to read.

I refuse to get involved with any Yahoo group which is "members only" to read messages.

I can understand that for a list which includes personal stuff, like a support group, but not for a technical group. I'm guessing that it's just the default and almost nobody thinks to change it.

FWIW, there's an Intellivision YG which is not members-only to read.

It's actually in place to cut down on bots harvesting your email and spamming you to death.

It's actually in place to cut down on bots harvesting your email and spamming you to death.
Google made Google Groups (which mostly consists of every Usenet text group, so it's full of e-mail addresses) stop putting e-mail addresses in the clear long ago. And on Yahoo you can actually have user names that don't correspond to your e-mail address.

I stick by my decision. YG is inferior to the average web-BB setup.

• 3 weeks later...
Google made Google Groups (which mostly consists of every Usenet text group, so it's full of e-mail addresses) stop putting e-mail addresses in the clear long ago. And on Yahoo you can actually have user names that don't correspond to your e-mail address.

I stick by my decision. YG is inferior to the average web-BB setup.

I'm going to have to agree with you. When I see I have to sign up for something I generally just quit there. I can't imagine there would be that many emails listed in a coleco technical discussion and the ones that were could be easily obfuscated if someone felt it neccessary.

It would be fine with me if something started up on forums.atari.net. It's all set up and working (though I apparently found a sign-up problem that had been there for some time), and it has a ColecoVision forum.

It's been two months since the one day I posted there, and I'm still the last post on the entire board. So it's not like it couldn't use more traffic.