IGNORED

The Southsider - Flicker Fest

RSS Bot

This is just a quick update on my Juno First game. I hope people don't mind me using this blog as a beta testing area. However, I find it useful to post these development versions as the folks here are quick to spot bugs and problems that I might not notice otherwise. The previous versions had a number of serious bugs, but I hope that most of these have now been resolved. The main features this time are:

1. All 20 possible sprites are now displayed on screen. This causes some serious flickering, but this should not be so bad in the final game as the sprites will be moving and the maximum number will only rarely be reached. The flickersort routine is now uses almost all of the vblank area, so let me know if you see any screen rolling.
  2. I have started to implement the collision detection code, so it is now possible to shoot the aliens. An explosion effect will be added later.
  3. The sprite movements should be a bit smoother, and the spaceship velocity decreases if you do not hold the joystick foward or backwards.
  4. Some of the sprite sizes and colours have been tweaked thanks to suggestions by Nathan.

Anyway, let me know if you sport any problems, or have any suggestions? The source code is included in the ZIP file as usual.

Thanks,

Chris

blog-6563-1143635850_thumb.jpg

juno7.binjuno7.zip

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...&showentry=1407