IGNORED

The Southsider - The Next Step

RSS Bot

I spent the weekend working on my Juno First game, so here is another update. The main changes this time are:

1. There is now an explosion animation for the aliens, and some of the sprites are animated at their largest size.
  2. The alien spawning code is in place, so the aliens appear one by one at the beginning.
  3. The length of the laser beam shortens as it goes up the screen (I know I said this wouldn't be possible :) )
  4. There is now a basic 6-digit score at the bottom of the screen.

blog-6563-1144079546_thumb.jpg

The main problem now is that the game has reached the 4K ROM limit, so I haven't implemented the velocity on the spaceship yet (this will require a large table of values). The only kind of bankswitching that I have done so far on the Atari is the Supercharger scheme. I am tempted to make a SC version of Juno First for a certain competition as this would enable a more colourful kernel and possibly multiple sprite copies. However, before I go down this route, I would like to implement a standard 8K version using F8 bankswitching. If anyone has some template code or knows of a good method then I would be grateful for advice. If there are any bugs of issues with the game, then let me know. Also, if the screen turns red at the edges then let me know as this means that the game has run over the cycle limit.

Chris

juno8.binjuno8.zip

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...&showentry=1435