IGNORED

Best NES TMNT game?

King Atari

Here the order in which I rate them:

- TMNT III

- TMNT II

- TMNT

TMNT III was a very good challenge (basically the same play as The Arcade Game but a little different) and had some tough boss fights. I really enjoy TMNT II (as with everyone else) but it's just too simple (for me at least), but overall a great game. I liked TMNT (great difficulty and very long) but it just didn't capture that Turtles feel. 8)

Tossup between TMNT2 and TMNT3 for me for the best. I love playing them both to this day, with and without the code options.

TMNT4 for SNES, definitly the best TMNT game (non-fighting) ever made!

TMNT 2 based off TMNT: The Arcade Game

TMNT 4 based off TMNT: Turtles in Time

Didn't the SNES version of TMNT4 change anything from the arcade counterpart?

Turtles IV on the SNES rocked! I never got to play the Genesis TMNT equivelent, was it any good?

As for the NES, while I thought the 3rd was alright, and loved the 2nd cause it was the beloved arcade game, right in your living room, I still like the 1st the best... it's just a really unique game.....and a bastard one to beat too...

There were a few changes, I believe that it was expanded a little, such as going to the Technodrome before being sent back in time, and the 3D part of the future level. IMO the changes were all for the better.
More levels, more moves (with one being incorparated into a boss fight), better look, better god damn everything. I crown IV the king. On the nes though, 3, and the first sucking butt for Konami put in their own enemies instead of sticking to what we all knew and loved.

Definitely TMNT 2: The Arcade game... I hate to think how much money in quarters I spent on that when it was actually in the arcade. But I did end up getting it for Christmas one year for NES.

The original TMNT game was okay. Not terrible. Not great. Just ok. I'll agree that it was screaming for a save option.