IGNORED

Planet Bob - SID2TIA V1.6

RSS Bot

Hi there!

Yet again another udate!

This time I tweaked output modes:

The TSM2 mode will still instantly output ready-to-compile TSM2 data, but the new "patternized" mode will auto-patternize everything for you!

It'll allow you to specify how many input frames to want to consider, so patternized output can be generated for any songlength. This is because patternized data is naturally packed: The more patterns repeat, the less data is required. So unlike the TSM2 raw data, which will just fill a 4K binary, you may individually adjust the amount of data you need/want now.

For example the Colony 7 title tune loops after 448 output frames, so I patternize just so much!

Second input value for this mode is the pattern width. Here you can individually adjust the number of notes to go into a pattern. So you can quickly test'n'try at which length you require the least amount of data.

Attention though:

The Patternized output is just a means of quickly generating the data. I don't provide a driver for it, as there's too many considerations to take into account. If for example the pattern definitions exceed 256 bytes, you have to manually replace the ".byte" tags of the pattern tables into ".word" and adjust your driver code accordingly.

For a start, I'd suggest using the driver code from Crazy Balloon, as it works just with data like that. With a few tweaks one should get it going for other data very quickly.

Ok, I think that's it now for updates regarding the Colony 7 tune. I have numerous ideas for future enhancements ("Packed" output, including the TIA sound lib for "live" mixing/filtering, analysing the SIDs volume / ADSR values, etc...) but for the moment I'm once again done with it. Maybe there'll be more in another 3 years ;)

sid2tia.zip

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...&showentry=1445