IGNORED

Battery door on a 2600 cartridge..

yuppicide

Where can I buy a battery compartment door and how hard do you think it would be for me to add it to an Atari 2600 cartridge?! ... or how do you think I'd make a battery door out of a piece of the 2600 cartridge's plastic?!

I'm hacking a project together that uses a battery and will use an Atari 2600 cartridge for the case. I'd like to make it look relatively nice. A nice battery cover would make the project look that much cooler. Either slide off or type with a hinged door of some sort.

I bought the top of the line cordless Dremel tool and I have my item that will just fit inside a cartridge case I believe. Barely.

A second question is: The item I am stuffing into a 2600 cartridge case runs off of 9V battery. Is there a battery that is smaller, but will last as long?!

If it will run on 12V, a garage door opener battery is smaller and probably lasts nearly as long.

Or if it will run on 7.6V, two small lithium ion batteries (possibly from an old cell phone) will last longer, and are rechargeable...

A second question is: The item I am stuffing into a 2600 cartridge case runs off of 9V battery. Is there a battery that is smaller, but will last as long?!

Depends on how much current the device you are powering will draw. Gernally the smaller the battery the less current it can provide. If you check out Energizer's site you will find the specifications for all thier batteries, that gives you a good idea what's available.

Dan