IGNORED

Elevator Action

AtticGamer

Is there an Elevator Action for 7800 or any of the Atari systems? I played this game in MAME and it was very, very good and humrous and I was wondering if it got to home systems (or portables).

only system is for the 2600. The game isn't fully completed, but playable. The game has no sound. The graphics are quite well done though. Don't know if the game will ever be completed though. You can find reproduction copies of the game every once in a while now, but they were easier to find and cheaper a couple years ago. I'm not sure exactly what you'd have to pay for one, but it would be expensive complete in box. You can check out info. on that game at www.atariprotos.com

The Nintendo(NES) made a great arcade translation of the game too. I play it all the time on the NES. This game would rock on the 7800 if it existed though.

The Nintendo(NES) made a great arcade translation of the game too. I play it all the time on the NES. This game would rock on the 7800 if it existed though.

The NES version is decent, but the background music needs improvement... not that a 2600 port could do any better.

The game was ported to the Commodore 64 as well, but I've read that port isn't the greatest. A handful of systems, including the Commodore 64 and the Atari ST, have a clone called Mission Elevator which plays similarly, if not exactly like Elevator Action. I once made a note after someone told me Elevator Action was also available for the Atari 8bits, but I can't find info about any such port.

I once made a note after someone told me Elevator Action was also available for the Atari 8bits, but I can't find info about any such port.

Supposedly Joe Copson (Star Raiders and Spitfire fame) was working on a version for the 5200. Internal documents say it was pretty far along, but so far no prototype has surfaced. I'd bet there's a playable prototype of it out there somewhere.

I think there was also a version for the GBA.

Tempest

I meant to mention there is also a sequel you can play in MAME. Elevator Action II is its American name, while it was released as Elevator Action Returns in Japan. I haven't played it too much, but I don't remember being exactly floored by it (no pun intended).

That is correct about Elevator Action II, and yes the sequel lost it's charm too.

An improved version of the game was released on Game Boy. I have it and it's a good game. In addition to the handgun, you can also get a machine gun, bomb, and shotgun. Plus in addition to enemy agents, you took on robots and attack dogs.

This would be so cool on the 7800 to have as a homebrew.

An improved version of the game was released on Game Boy. I have it and it's a good game. In addition to the handgun, you can also get a machine gun, bomb, and shotgun. Plus in addition to enemy agents, you took on robots and attack dogs.

That sounds like the sequel: Elevator Action Returns.

Tempest

That sounds like the sequel: Elevator Action Returns.

Tempest

You may be right. I have that game to play on my computer, but it has been a good while since I played it though. Can't remember for sure. I'll have to check it out for sure. Would be nice to have the sequel for the 7800 in a homebrew form since we have the original on 2600.

Played elevator action on eemame for ngage today, loads of fun. The sequel was released for the sega saturn under the elevator action returns title, top stuff.

there a load of 7800 titles i'd like to see created, just dont think its worth the time or money for most.

I meant to mention there is also a sequel you can play in MAME. Elevator Action II is its American name, while it was released as Elevator Action Returns in Japan. I haven't played it too much, but I don't remember being exactly floored by it (no pun intended).

That is correct about Elevator Action II, and yes the sequel lost it's charm too.

Yeah, completely different game... makes sense, it was made like 10 years later... way more action/violence based where as the original was cartoony goodness... But I still enjoyed playing it...