IGNORED

CT63

Who here has a CT63 on order with Rodolphe? I have several on order...just wanting to touch base with some other folks waiting. PM me or reply here.

Hi Dan.

I don't, but I do remember reading a post in comp.sys.atari.st from him just a couple of days ago. I can't remember the exact wording but it was to the effect that he had the needed parts in, was assembling, and would be shipping out right after that.

HTHs.

Well, he's gotten the replacement order, but apparantly that was also wrong. So we get to wait some more...

Argh. I know just how frustrating that is! :(

I'm still waiting for Natures' SuperNAT to be released.

Don't know what the holdup is there either. Last notice I seen said it would be done in a few weeks.Thats been some time ago.

Oh well, good things come to those who wait and all that, eh? :)

Well, I hope so. At least Rodolphe writes back. Henrik hasn't replied.

Yes, Rodolphe is pretty good about getting back in touch with you. I always love! his! replies! as! well! :D

Well, as far as Henrik goes, I just found this on their website:

"Yesterday I received 130 EtherNat boards in a big box! :) You can see a very lousy picture of a few of the boards here (I had only my webcam available for taking the picture).

You probably notice that the boards lack the connectors for connecting to the CT60. That's correct. We'll solder those connectors to the boards as we program and test them before sending them off to you. I inspected a few of the boards yesterday and noticed that a few had pins soldered together on the USB chip. This is something that the mounting company will pay for... Unfortunately this will delay those boards that suffer from this problem. But not by very much I think.

I tried one of the boards too. Surfing the net worked fine and also flood-pinging. I didn't have time to test the USB too, since I'm moving to a new apartment tomorrow, but that shouldn't be a problem either. Since I'm moving this weekend, the process of soldering/programming/testing/sending the boards to you won't begin until next week."

This was posted March 2nd, 2006. The picture does show multiple boards.

There's hope. :)

FYI - got a reply back from one of the Nature crew stating that they are doing the board builds 'in their free time' and that as a result it is going slowly. No word on an ETA for shipment. Henrik is apparantly without Net connection as of right now.

Well, thats good news that they are, at least, being built. Also explains why Henrik didn't return your e-mails.

Lets hope they get them out soon. Like everyone else I pre-paid and am really looking forward to having USB and real ethernet support for my Falcon! :)

Thanks for the heads-up, Dan.

Yes, I saw that a month and a half ago. Nothing since then, and no replies to emails.

The following email thread started March 22nd. Henrik replied on the 23rd. fyi.. Dave

Hi David!

>I've gone through a sort or Atari "re-awakening" of

>late and have decided to put new life into my old

>Falcon. I just bought a CT63 last week and anxiously

>await its arrival. I'm very interested in your Vidal

>project, which I read about through a link on the CT

>page. Is this card available? If so, could you

>provide a price and payment instructions so I could

>buy one? If not, please add me to the waiting list..

>:)

Great that some people return to the Atari scene also! Welcome back! :)

The SuperVidel has developed somewhat since we started the project 3 or

years ago (wow, time just flies by...). It has been on ice for several

months because we did the EtherNat project in between, but now we're

working

on the SV again. The EtherNat is a 100Mbit ethernet + USB 1.1 board for

CT60-equipped falcons and we're currently in the process of programming

and

testing the boards now for sending off to the buyers.. If you're

interested

in such a board please read the instructions on how to prepay for it on

our

homepage: nature.atari.org

Read news entry from September 26th 2005, where you will find what you

need

to know to do the payment. But please note that you should add 6% and

not 4%

on the PayPal price. PayPal has hidden fees everywhere...

Regarding the SuperVidel again the layout was very nearly finished when

we

realized yesterday that we couldn't use the PQ208-package for the

onboard

FPGA, which we had designed for, due to high frequency electronical

reasons.

Instead I have to remove the PQ208 FPGA and put a FT256 FPGA on the

board

instead. But after that we'll be ready to order the protype PCBs. So

the

superVidel is a while off into the future, especially because the

EtherNat

has to be sent off to all the buyers.

>One thing, kind of off the subject: I also have a

>TT030 thats been collecting dust for years. It, like

>the Falcon, was -is- a wonderful machine. Is anyone

>out there that you know of doing any development at

>all for the TT? I've always thought the TT would be

>"Atari Zen" with a 68060 and better graphics.. Just

>IMHO

Some demos and other releases support the TT, it's not a forgotten

machine.

Perhaps you've already done this, but take a look at www.dhs.nu

(especially

ct60.dhs.nu), www.atari.org, www.atari-users.net for some locations to

read

news on what's happening in the atari world. :)

Regards

Henrik

I've always thought the TT would be "Atari Zen" with a 68060 and better graphics..

I'd love to see a 'CTT60' or whatever as well.

Expecially on the older daughterboard TT's this should be relatively easy to do.

Put the daughterboard out, drop another 060 equipped one in - ready for take off... :D

I've always thought the TT would be "Atari Zen" with a 68060 and better graphics..

Expecially on the older daughterboard TT's this should be relatively easy to do.

Put the daughterboard out, drop another 060 equipped one in - ready for take off... :D

Rodolphe inquired about that issue, AFAIK.

He posted asking for committed buyers so he could do the project. I can't remember the *exact*

numbers, but I believe he asked for something like 50 TT users to step forward. He didn't get that

number. I don't think he even got half... :sad:

Rodolphe inquired about that issue, AFAIK.

He posted asking for committed buyers so he could do the project. I can't remember the *exact*

numbers, but I believe he asked for something like 50 TT users to step forward. He didn't get that

number. I don't think he even got half... :sad:

Well, for what its worth, he can add me to the list. :)

Wow, I'm jealous. :) You have an ST-book? I once had a chance to get my hands on one of those, but (stupidly) declined. These days they're as rare as virgins in Vegas.

Wow, I'm jealous. :) You have an ST-book? I once had a chance to get my hands on one of those, but (stupidly) declined. These days they're as rare as virgins in Vegas.

No - I've got two of them.

One with one, one with four megs of ram... :D

• 1 month later...

No - I've got two of them.

One with one, one with four megs of ram... :D

Some guys have all the luck... :P

Actually Dan, I was thinking if we could get his address, you and I can go relieve

him of the burden of owning 2 of them... :D

Sometimes it really is.

People try to persuade me I should sell one or both of them after having read in some forum that I own those two and I'd not be ready to sell them. *shrug*

Jens, you do know Dan and I were just kidding, right?

Seriously, you're lucky to have 2, and I'm envious, as

I'm sure many are but I'd never give you grief over it

or try to pressure you into selling one.

I say enjoy the heck out of them. :)

I'm sure you were joking, but I already received some mails about those two jewels trying me to sell them.

Mind if I ask how you came to be in posession of these two machines? Just curious... Wondering if there is an interesting story to tell about how you got them? You know, something like where a guy buys an old picture at a garage sale for $1 just to get the frame and maybe the glass and when he gets home and takes it apart he discovers a hidden painting behind the matting which turns out to be an original Van Gogh....

• 7 months later...