IGNORED

Pokey Chip / Ball Blazer

82-T/A

Hey guys,

From what I understand Beef Drop and Ball Blazer both have the Pokey chip installed. I'd like to install a Pokey chip on my CC2. Does anyone know where I can buy a pokey chip?

Thanks!

Best Electronics sells them for $5 but I believe they have a $20 minimum order requirement. Beef Drop is a homebrew that hasn't been put on cart yet. Balblazer does indeed have a POKEY in it, though you will need to unsolder it (40 pin chip).

Mitch

Hey guys,

From what I understand Beef Drop and Ball Blazer both have the Pokey chip installed. I'd like to install a Pokey chip on my CC2. Does anyone know where I can buy a pokey chip?

Thanks!

Best Electronics sells them for $5 but I believe they have a $20 minimum order requirement. Beef Drop is a homebrew that hasn't been put on cart yet. Balblazer does indeed have a POKEY in it, though you will need to unsolder it (40 pin chip).

Mitch

Thanks! I appreciate it!

I wouldn't even consider taking apart a 7800 cartridge! Ball Blazer is awesome!

Thanks! I'll get one from Best Electronics.

I've had 2 Ballblazers where the POKEY chip has ceased to function. Is it more fragile than other chips?

....Sorry to chime in here....but....ummm....

"Beef Drop"

?!?!?!

LOL W H A T..??? :P Is this a GAME? ....Perhaps the anti-vegan Tetris clone?

Regards,

Neville

"Beef Drop"

?!?!?!

LOL W H A T..??? :P Is this a GAME? ....Perhaps the anti-vegan Tetris clone?

Its a Burgertime clone by kenfused. He has release it for the 8bits, but he has only release the rom for 7800 in demo form. No change in status for over 8 months now. I play it on the 7800 using a CC2.

Its a Burgertime clone by kenfused. He has release it for the 8bits, but he has only release the rom for 7800 in demo form. No change in status for over 8 months now. I play it on the 7800 using a CC2.

I think Ken is still waiting for the arrival of a cartridge to put it on, which Bruce is working on.

One of the things about doing this for fun ... Bruce and Ken also have normal lives and not always the time to dedicate to creating stuff for us. :-)

I sent Best an email and they didn't say there was a minumum, but I could order more than one while I am at it. I desoldered one from a Ballblazer cart, but did a terrible job of it & have decided to get a fresh one instead.

Anyone else need one?

Hey guys,

Thanks!

Mitch

Wouldn't it be easier to just get a new Ballblazer cart than to try to repair the one you have? It's not like they're super rare or anything.

EDIT: hmm, somehow I got the idea someone wanted to put their Pokey chip back on to a BB cart... maybe that was another thread or I'm just confused

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

I totally mauled the chip getting it out of the Ballblazer cart (soldering is not my strong suit). It worked in the CC2 and then stopped working, so I need another one for my CC2. The poor Ballblazer cart is sitting in my reject bin and I do not intend to attempt a rescue via another POKEY transplant.

Just to clarify. :)

Here's the Best info/number: CO12294 / 137430 (POKEY) $5.00

Wouldn't it be easier to just get a new Ballblazer cart than to try to repair the one you have? It's not like they're super rare or anything.

EDIT: hmm, somehow I got the idea someone wanted to put their Pokey chip back on to a BB cart... maybe that was another thread or I'm just confused

Edited by phaxda

Guys,

Steven Gregory at the Arcade Shop sells them for $12 bucks. www.arcadeshop.com

He sells them brand new. As it turns out, many arcade machines use them... I think even my Missile Command.

$12, ouch. I think I'll stick with Best Electonics at $5, I bet that's where he gets his too. :D

Mitch