IGNORED

Used Mega2 listed as BRAND NEW on ebay

There is a very nice and mint Mega2 on ebay tagged as BRAND NEW, but if you look at the pics of the underside, you can see dirt/smudge marks, so this is indeed a used item. I am interested but just thought I would point that out, but any collector with a keen eye would see that for themselves...

Here is the item on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8803529159

Here is the pic in question:

Mega ST2 on ebay

Edited by tjlazer

I saw it but I already have a Mega4 so I saw little need. I did not like that he was BSing the condition of the system though. Since he has good pics, most people would know the real condition from looking at it.

Makes me want to put my used system with the wrong keyboard in bags and sell it with Atari stickers all over it and filled with peanut foam instead of original foams. This guy looks like his listing has done well so far.

Edited by Almost Rice

Check it now, I fixed the link.

I talked to the guy and he believes it is new old stock. Seems like a nice find though! I would rather have a mint looking ST than a yellowed worn down one any day!

Edited by tjlazer

Whats up with that keyboard? Never saw aa Mega2 ST with that layout? Nice how the joystick ports are on the side.

The keyboard is for the Mega STe. It was a bit different than the original MegaST keyboard but still compatable

Edited by Guitarman

From the way the ad reads, he acquired them from a dealer as 2 seperate pieces, not intended to go together but still compatable.

This item does not include its original box because it was a part of a lot of computers (acquired many years ago by a nationally known retailer with an impeccable reputation) that were designed to be furnished to dealers to serve as demos, for parting out or for whatever purpose such retailers deemed suitable.

None the less, even if the scuff was in packaging, the system does look new.

Considering I just recently picked up a MegaST2 w/ keyboard in near new condition for under $100.00, My opinion, $300-$400, way too high. There was a very nice MegaSTe that recently sold on ebay for a little over $400.00. That sounds a little more reasonable since they are harder to find.

Considering I just recently picked up a MegaST2 w/ keyboard in near new condition for under $100.00, My opinion, $300-$400, way too high. There was a very nice MegaSTe that recently sold on ebay for a little over $400.00. That sounds a little more reasonable since they are harder to find.

Maybe its because they are getting an STe keyboard. The box with the Atari tape on it does not seem to be the box this computer was in. In any rate, the computer looks like its in good condition, but $300 is a bit high. I could see it going that high for a Mega STe system. The only thing I could think of is the condition of the items and the high quality pictures he used.