IGNORED

10 Years of TAT!

Yup, it was 10 years ago this May that I sat down to my Atari ST and a new copy of PageStream 2.2 and created the first free Atari Times newsletter. I then produced another 11 free newletters before moving TAT to the web and publishing all new articles. Not that I minded creating the paper newsletter, but it was the printing, folding, and mailing that was becoming tough. Because few people will pass it up if it's "free!"

Of course now TAT publishes dozens of articles on the web, still for free, but it's much less work and cost! I did get back into the DTP game a bit when I created the five Atari Times books, which was a lot of fun too. (If you haven't picked them up yet, now's the time. I've lowered the price to $10.95 each!)

And I don't claim any credit. That all goes to the writers (not really in any order): Andy Robertson, Ed Castle, Tony Greenwood, Darryl Brundage, David Sherwin, Ethan C. Nobles, Brian C. Rittmeyer, Lawrence Armstrong, Brendan Onfrichuk, Ryan Genno, Dan Loosen, Brad Prillwitz, Rebecca Pinkoski, Jonathan Rose, Derek Patenaude, Charles Fraser Gray, LW Tisler, Bart Harrison, Jess LaFleur, Lee & Lori Krueger, Wes Powell, Kevin Manne, Randy Femrite, Chris Federico, Dave Barnba, Patrick Holstine, Edward S. Baiz Jr., & Craig Lutas. (I know I missed a few people too, these were just the names off the top of my head!)

Anyway, thanks everyone for an enjoyable 10 years. Sometimes it's a lot of fun to be an Atarian. :D

• 4 months later...

Happy anniversary, Greg. Glad I could participate back when I did.

I know Atari interest seems to come and go in waves, at least for me. Right now, my interest is re-peaking after having been down for a bit. At least I never got rid of any of my stuff, so when my interest gets back up like it is now, all I've got to do is hook up, power up and play!

As long as there is power surging through real Atari 2600s, 5200s, 7800s, Lynxes, Jaguars and all the rest, Atari - the real Atari - is still with us all. :D