IGNORED

Jaaks TV Games $4.99 at EB Games

PromoGuy

:::Updated post with more games::::

My friend told me yesterday that the Jaaks TV plug-and-play games were priced at $4.99 at EB Games and Gamestop. I have confrimed this by visiting several.

I stopped by EB Games and he was right! I picked up the Ms. Pac-Man with the single gamekey (organge) for $4.99 plus tax.

I also saw:

Frogger

Fantastic Four

Nickelodeon Games

Ms. Pac-Man Wireless

New Finds:

Spongbob Squarepants 2 Fry Cook Games

Frogger

Spider-Man - with Red Gamekey

Star Wars - with Black Gamekey

More New finds:

Legends-Space Invaders

Legends-Genesis

World Poker

Outrun 2019

Atari Flashback 1

Paddle Games

... and a few others. Games do vary from store to store, and selection is getting thin. I am sorry I don't have the specific versions of each TV Game I mentioned, but many had gamekeys. I don't know if Gamestop has the same deals, since I didn't go there. But considering they are both the same company now, it is probably a safe bet.

I think there was at one time a Ms. Pac-man with 2 gamekeys, but this only had one.

When I asked the cashier about the price, she told me they were markdowns from Christmas stock.

Again, this was at a physical store location, not online. Definitely worth a trip to the mall or strip-mall.

If you get in on a deal, maybe you can share better details about the systems available.

Hope this helps someone!

Edited by PromoGuy

Yeah, great deal this is. I picked up the wireless Ms. Pac Man. This is a really nice unit. Much improved over the other Jaaks stuff. I've liked most of them anyway, but this one is tops. The twist knob is cool, but I actually found it a bit more difficult that the normal stick. Also, I found the control in Ms. Pac Man a bit awkward, but still playable.

I got mine at Gamestop. Have not been to the other store, but I presume those are similarly priced.

I asked one of the employees if the company was getting rid of them, as in the entire line, and the guy just looked at me like I was a three toed sloth or something. Then he says 'well, yeah, we are selling them' No kidding. Really!

Anyway, in Richmond, VA., they are $4.99 as well.

UPDATE:

I went back to EB Games, and these are the games they had, in addition to those above (some of which were now sold out), for $4.99:

Spongbob Squarepants 2 Fry Cook Games

Frogger

Spider-Man - with Red Gamekey

Star Wars - with Black Gamekey

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Details here:

http://www.jakkstvgames.com/products.html

Edited by PromoGuy

I think that this was an online deal too, but after it was posted in one of those "Hot Deals" forums it dried up fast (it had free shipping and people were ordering tons of them for themselves). So, I doubt your store could get an online deal. Especially since this is a close-out, rather than a sale.

The supply in-store is getting scarce - might be worth having a friend or relative check their local stores.