IGNORED

Anything like Cart Commander for Mac?

Sauron

Because Cart Commander is written using Borland's excellent Delphi, there are only two viable platforms that Brien can target: Windows and Linux. It would be great if Borland would target OS X, but I don't think they've announced any plans to do so. If you want to run Cart Commander on a Mac, you could always do so through Virtual PC.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Sauron:

Just wondering if anyone knows of a program similar to Cart Commander for the Mac?

Well, since I do not have a Mac, I can't say how well this works, but you may want to check it out:

Blue Label http://www.lismoresoft.com/

Price: $19.95

It's supposedly a Windows Emulator for the Mac. I know nothing about it, and I am NOT endorsing it in any way.

However, this could be a solution until a better option comes along.

I'd still use filemaker (or even the database module in the FREE Appleworks) to make your own Cart Commander.

In terms of keeping your collection organized, it would be fine. The only thing that you would really need to work on would be the charting and reporting functions.

Hmmm...maybe I can put something like that together for Mac users...

quote:

Originally posted by Arcadenut:

Well, since I do not have a Mac, I can't say how well this works, but you may want to check it out:

Blue Label
http://www.lismoresoft.com/

Price: $19.95

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware of this program. Not sure how it compares to Connectix's Virtual PC, but I need to install one of these puppies on my iBook tonight as I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow morning and I'm going to bring my iBook instead of my Toshiba laptop (I'm having problems with the keyboard right now and need to send it in for repair). There are a few PC programs I need to be able to run, although most of what I need the machine for on this trip can be done with native OS X apps.

It doesn't look like Blue Label has an OS X version, so that pretty much nixes me using it. I'm not about to boot into OS 9 just to emulate Windows apps, oh well. However, it might be a viable solution for those of you still using OS 9 full time. If I end up buying VPC, I'll install Cart Commander on it and see how well it runs.

..Al

My experience with the latest versions of VPC shows very little promise. Keep in mind that you do need a fairly high-end Mac to run this at a respectable speed.

The shareware emulator is a good idea, but from the looks of it, it's hard to imagine that this would be any better than VPC.