IGNORED

Best Super Mario Game?

I thought the original Super Mario Bros. was too easy. It redifined the genre of arcade platform games, but it was just too easy.

Super Mario Bros. 2(not Lost Levels) was a graphic hack of another game called Doki Doki Panic. Still, it was a great game.

Now, my favorite would have to be SMB 3, because it was just plain fun. I remember going to my uncle's house (who had an NES) and I always wanted to see him play SMB3.

I'll vote for SMB 3 for the NES.

The original SMB1 was groundbreaking but the graphics aren't that impressive.

In SMB 3 the graphics are unbelievable for a NES,levels are huge, you can fly, you get the frog suit, the flute, the shoe and many new enemies.

I still remember the first time I saw SMB3 was at my cousin's home and my first question was: "You bought a new Nintendo?" and when I looked down and saw the good ol'NES sitting there with SMB3 inserted and then looking at those enhanced graphics it was one of those moments that pierces into your mind.

I got quite a good feeling when I beat lost levels for teh first time. Hell, I did the next couple times as well. Lost levels is a nice little challenging game. All the others have challenging parts in places, most people just like to warp around them. Playing one all teh way through is a awful fun but just takes a long time.

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by Nateo:

Super Mario Bros. 2(not Lost Levels) was a graphic hack of another game called Doki Doki Panic. Still, it was a great game.

Yeah it sure is.. check out the differences:

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/smb2_ddp.shtml

As great as the game is, do you think that makes it not a TRUE Super Mario game? What do y'all think?

Well to me, its a Mario game, hack or not, simply because I never heard of no Doki, Doki crap and that's good enough for me. The Doki Doki characters and all look cool, but the screenshots from Mario2 look much better and more detailed.

Super Stan Bros.

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

Well to me, its a Mario game, hack or not, simply because I never heard of no Doki, Doki crap and that's good enough for me.

I agree. I'm guessing that this Doki Doki game is Japanese only. It's true Mario as far as I'm concerned.

quote:

Originally posted by NE146:

But then again I don't know anything about the G&W Super Mario Bros. as I never owned one. I would like to try it out

I think it has the same problem. My original Super Mario Brothers Game and Watch was taken away by my teacher and then she lost it, so I never got it back (I had broke it pretty bad by this point anyways), but I got one of the rereleases and I can't beat certain levels because I find the same delay happens.

I used to be able to get really far in this game too

quote:

Originally posted by King Atari:

Well, I'll use warp pipes if I'm just casually playing, but if I intend to beat it, I play it the whole way through. And yes, all of them have challenging parts, but as a whole, they're not too difficult.

I agree with this statement for the most part. Every so often I'll bust out SMB1 just to beat it the whole way through on one life. My fiancee really likes that game, but we never play it together anymore after I beat the whole game on one life (using warps) before she played. Now it's just Tengen Tetris for us

On another note, I'm surprised that no one has named Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong Jr. as their favorite Mario games.