IGNORED

AA keeps crashing Safari

Sauron

I tried using Safari to view this thread and it crashed 4 times before loading successfully. :lol:

I just reloaded this thread 10 times and no problem. I wonder what it could be?

It is strange that it only affects some people and not others. And it apparently affects both Safari 1.3 and 2.x. It seems that if you get the crashing, it happens somewhat frequently. Otherwise it doesn't happen at all.

..Al

It is strange that it only affects some people and not others. And it apparently affects both Safari 1.3 and 2.x. It seems that if you get the crashing, it happens somewhat frequently. Otherwise it doesn't happen at all.

..Al

Just for kicks I tried surfing AA (and this thread) on my G4 Al as well (Safari 2.x) and no problems.

Edited by remowilliams

I tried using Safari to view this thread and it crashed 4 times before loading successfully. :lol:

I just reloaded this thread 10 times and no problem. I wonder what it could be?

..Al

I honestly have no explanation for it. I am running the latest version of Safari on the latest version of Tiger. Right now I am using Safari (as there are other sites I am looking at that do not load properly on Netscape, Opera or Firefox...man I wish Apple would optimize a damn browser) and having no issues. Other days I can't open a single thread without Safari crashing. It happens when I click a link here and the address attempts to redirect.

Do the letters RSS mean anything to you? They appear in the address bar when I view this site and a few others and all of them have the same crashing issues.

That RSS in the address bar just means the site has an RSS feed... Safari and some other browsers add that to the address bar so you know it's a site you can "subscribe" to -- I haven't really done it in the browsers, but I think it lets you add a link to your toolbar bookmarks that will the update whenever new items show up in the feed you're subscribed to. Firefox has one built in as a demonstration -- the "Headlines" toolbar bookmark.

I don't really use Safari anymore but it seems odd that Apple would let that feature be so buggy; it's one of their big "selling" points for Safari.

Edited by Room 34

I've just been sticking with Firefox for now. FWIW, I updated Firefox to the most recent version and it's been working fine for other sites as well. I hope Apple gets on the ball and makes Safari stable again.