Programming: Chris Yates

Graphics: Jon Hare

Musician: Martin Galway

Ratings:

Lemon64: 8.2

Overview:

This all-time classic should need no introduction, yet still:

(introduction grabbed from the manual):

"For many years, Wiz and his fantastic cat lived happily in brightly coloured Wizworld. All was not well however as a malevolent force had discovered this vista and intended to stamp out brilliance once and for all.

The evil Zark and his horrible sprites have moved in to eliminate the spectrum and render all landscapes drab and grey."

So you transmogrify yourself into Wizball and with the help of your faithful servant Catelite you try to restore Wizworld to its former glory. You collect a bunch of crystal balls in order to advance some Gradius like extra weapon system. Once you activated Catelite, you can start collecting colors. The control is pretty clever as you can control Wizball and Catelite both easily: Just hold the firebutton to move Catelite alone else your're moving both at once.

Once you collected enough ingredients of Red, Green and Blue colored drops to restore a colour, some rather psychedelic mini game sequence is launched and once you're past that, you see Wiz and cat wizzing ;)

Fun in 2006:

Same as it ever was, it's one of the best C64 games of all time. Excellent graphics, music, gameplay and everything. It doesn't get any better with a single-load game.

I found that I'm still pretty good at it, as you can see from the screenshot, where I just cleared level 3 :)

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...&showentry=1588