IGNORED

Free Atari programming ebooks on atariarchives.org

I hope that website is of help. The books on that site do tell you how to program games with detailed information on how to do it, which is a must for those who like me know nothing about programming.

I think that Cybergoth's point is that the site is well-known around here, and is even listed on AtariAge's 2600 pages. So your post ends up being a bit redundant.

Welcome to AtariAge, and you might want to lurk for awhile before you jump fully into it. :)

I think that Cybergoth's point is that the site is well-known around here, and is even listed on AtariAge's 2600 pages. So your post ends up being a bit redundant.

Welcome to AtariAge, and you might want to lurk for awhile before you jump fully into it. :)

Oh, I was unaware that that page was listed on this site already. I decided to post that link since some people have requested a more beginners introduction into Atari programming. I did glance through and read some of the chapters of the books listed on that site and it cleared up some confusion I had on how the whole character design worked and thought those resources would be equally benefical to this programming community.

I've been searching around for good information on 6502 programming for the 2600, and found sites like this. Most of the books give good explanations on how each instruction works.

Now I'm gettin the hang of how everything works, I was wondering if anyone knows of any information showing perhaps some functions, or common programming patterns, or algorithms written for atari.

For example, What would be the most elegant way to write a "switch" style statement (my code starts look verrrry spaghetti like) , or bubble sorts, or um, whatever...

Are there any such resources with snippets of code like this?

Thanks!

I've been living on those tutorials recently! But I was looking for some more "general" algorithm stuff to study. like at the very bottom of this page: http://www.geocities.com/oneelkruns/asm1step.html there are examples of "a 16bit count down loop", "Deleting an entry from an unordered list" and "Simple 16-bit square root".

I find examples like these really useful for applying knowledge of higher level languages to assembly.