IGNORED

Who is interested in an Atari TT upgrade

Hello,

It's a CT60 like for falcon030 but then for TT...

Let me know there must be 50 tt-users that order one to make the hardware...

TXG/MNX

Good luck.

Rodolphe Czuba (CT60) called for takers on a CT60 like project for the TT.

Sadly, he couldn't get enough TT owners to commit... :(

Hello,

It's a CT60 like for falcon030 but then for TT...

Let me know there must be 50 tt-users that order one to make the hardware...

TXG/MNX

Good luck.

Rodolphe Czuba (CT60) called for takers on a CT60 like project for the TT.

Sadly, he couldn't get enough TT owners to commit... :(

That's true and sad at the same time...

He wants to make an SDRAM memory board for the TT when there are atleast 50 users interested...

• 1 month later...

If an accelerator would be switchable it had no compatibility issues...

I would be interested in one. My TT has the 8mb card in it now and i was wanting to try easymint but haven't had luck finding a reasonable priced one on this side of the pond. alas the ones on Ebay were sniped :P

Ok forgive my ignorance, but why do people want to accelerate their TT030 (other than because they can). I'm curious was to what people still use ST's, TT's, and Falcons for. I'd guess most people use their ST's for gaming, and a some others for music related things. However these don't require acceleration. The only reason I could see to accelerate a ST, TT, or Falcon is for productivity applications that require serious number crunching (graphics and spreadsheet type apps). Do people still use ST's for such things? If so, why? I'd have a hard time believing that there's something a ST can do better than a modern PC in the field of productivity.

Don't take the above as a trolling attempt, I'm just really curious. I'm sure there are really good reasons I'm just not seeing. I went straight from an Apple IIe to a 486 (where the differences were night and day) so I kind of skipped the whole ST generation where the differences might not be so dramatic.

Tempest

Ok forgive my ignorance, but why do people want to accelerate their TT030 (other than because they can). I'm curious was to what people still use ST's, TT's, and Falcons for. I'd guess most people use their ST's for gaming, and a some others for music related things. However these don't require acceleration. The only reason I could see to accelerate a ST, TT, or Falcon is for productivity applications that require serious number crunching (graphics and spreadsheet type apps). Do people still use ST's for such things? If so, why? I'd have a hard time believing that there's something a ST can do better than a modern PC in the field of productivity.

Don't take the above as a trolling attempt, I'm just really curious. I'm sure there are really good reasons I'm just not seeing. I went straight from an Apple IIe to a 486 (where the differences were night and day) so I kind of skipped the whole ST generation where the differences might not be so dramatic.

Tempest

Hi. For me, and all I've done to my Falcon (CT60 Falcon/Wizztronics rack case, more) its just a love

of the machine. I can't honestly say that there is a single app that I would have done the upgrade

for. Although MINT certainly benefited from the increased speed/memory. Some Falcon specific demos

actually do run better as well. Also, pic viewers (JPGs esp) are much faster. Lets not forget Aniplay either.

I can play MP3s easily, watch videos, etc, much better than my stock Falcon could.

Now, in the case of my Mega ST, accelerating it with an AdSpeed makes the BBS software I use much

more responsive. I did do that specifically for that reason. So I guess there are still times when there

is a valid reason for it...

Tempest

Hi. For me, and all I've done to my Falcon (CT60 Falcon/Wizztronics rack case, more) its just a love

of the machine. I can't honestly say that there is a single app that I would have done the upgrade

for. Although MINT certainly benefited from the increased speed/memory. Some Falcon specific demos

actually do run better as well. Also, pic viewers (JPGs esp) are much faster. Lets not forget Aniplay either.

I can play MP3s easily, watch videos, etc, much better than my stock Falcon could.

Now, in the case of my Mega ST, accelerating it with an AdSpeed makes the BBS software I use much

more responsive. I did do that specifically for that reason. So I guess there are still times when there

is a valid reason for it...

also it would most likely be cheeper to buy a new ACC/mem card then to buy a used vintage memory card on Ebay ect. The Atari dealers who still have them listed is about $200.00 us WITHOUT memory. If someone offers and Acc with cheap memory so much the better. If i had my druthers i would prefer one for the Mega STE.