IGNORED

Midwest gaming classic - feedback/suggestions.

krazy_kamino

Where's the best place to find a 1541 or 1571? And any idea about finding the Flash-based version of the C64 "joystick"? I read that the ROM-based one came in a pyramid-shaped box, but a flash-based one was sold in a hexagonal box. A flash-based one would be cool.

We have a bunch of 1541's and 1571's, but currently untested. We will be picking up a bunch more this weekend including some more SX-64's, 128D's, 64's, 128's, and a bunch of other C-64 related items. It will take time (actually organization) to get through it all.

As for your other question on the joystick, look at Toys 'R Us as that is where I got them last and just saw them their recently.

Corey

And any idea about finding the Flash-based version of the C64 "joystick"? I read that the ROM-based one came in a pyramid-shaped box, but a flash-based one was sold in a hexagonal box. A flash-based one would be cool.

All NTSC C64 DTV joysticks are just ROM based, no matter what shape box they are packed in. Only the PAL version is flash-based.

However, a close relative to the C64 DTV is the Hummer racing game, and it's available in the USA at Radio Shack, and it's flash based. However, it's on clearance now for $18, so many stores don't have any left - I got the last one at two different stores on my Minnesota/Wisconsin trip to the Midwest Gaming Classic last weekend. The other big drawback is the Hummer game doesn't have joysticks, and you can't attach any (at least, no one has figured out how yet).

http://dtvhacking.info/ is the place to go to have all your C64 DTV/Hummer questions answered.