IGNORED

2-port or 4-port

jboypacman

ok i have been asking questions on some other posts about the 5200 but now my new question is what should i get a 2-port or a 4-port 5200.i have seen both for sale on ebay and a few other sites.is the 4-port a pain because of the combo rf/power source and should i go with 2-port because its easier to replace powerpack and rf switch.thanks for any feedback guys and for your time with me.play atari today and everyday.

I got a 4 port off ebay. I'm not sure how much use/abuse it'll take before it becomes problematic, but I've played it daily for 6 months now and have had no problems. Having an automatic switchbox is nice, and so is the single cord design. I haven't used the extra controller ports yet, but it is nice to know that they are there if I need them. The way I see it, if you find a system in good condition and take care of it, it all comes down to personal preference.

I got a 4 port off ebay. I'm not sure how much use/abuse it'll take before it becomes problematic, but I've played it daily for 6 months now and have had no problems. Having an automatic switchbox is nice, and so is the single cord design. I haven't used the extra controller ports yet, but it is nice to know that they are there if I need them. The way I see it, if you find a system in good condition and take care of it, it all comes down to personal preference.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I got a 4 port off the bay as well and like George, i play it daily, I keep it clean and in good shape and in return it has given me many many hours of great gameplay. I've never had any problems with the switch box or anything.

ok guys i just order myself a 5200 and a boxed copy of berzerk from atari2600.com it has 2 rebuilt controllers and is a 2-port which was what really wanted.i never order from these guys so hopefully i will have no problems.next classic gaming the intellivision.lets all play atari today.

Berzerk is a great game. Also, if you like sporting games, you must get Real sports baseball. Its easily the best classic baseball game ever from that era.

You'll love the 5200, screenshots and such do not give this system justice, only when you play the actual hardware will you get a true appreciation for this system.