IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - It's blog, it's blog, it's big, it's a heavy-sixer

RSS Bot

It's high time that a tech-savvy young adult such as I should enter the world of "blogging." Since I have fears and hatred for myspace, this is where I'll enter my thoughts, etc. about the games I make, the games I play, and thoughts about the Atari 2600 in general.

My video game "company"; Stupid Games, Inc. ; has 2 official games in its existence. Zyx (pronounced "Zicks", rhymes with Kix, Trix and Crispix. I'm hungry.) has been entered in the 2006 Minigame Compo, and Bubba is just a prototype or Nintendo-ish non-game type thingee. If anyone wants to make a game using it, let me know.

All my games are made with Batari Basic, the wonderful program that lets idiots like me who know very little about programming video games, make them.

A little about how I entered the world of Atari 2600: Last September, I was at my used video game store looking for NES games, when there, displayed, was an Atari 2600 with about 20 games for $50. That Friday, I had my mom drive down there in the pouring rain to get it. I was thrilled to death to find out it was in perfect working condition, and to actually find out what Atari really meant. My baby means a lot to me, seeing as how since September there has only been one other system up for sale. And Atari 2600 games are scant, what with only three Game Crazy (a local used video game store chain) stores in my area. The last one I've yet to check is the South Salem store. And I'm a bit worried cuz their prices are way more expensive than the rest. That being said, I should note that I paid $16 for 4 at the Keizer location. Lancaster seems to be the best and cheapest place for them, although I did pay $5 for a copy of Skateboardin' and $4 for Strategy X, although games such as Pac-Man are only a buck each. I even saw some Colecovision games, but no Colecovision system, which was unfortunately lucky because if I saw one, I would need it, and I didn't have enough money at the time.

Well, anyway, attached is a quarterly newsletter about my goings-on in my programming games and stuff.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...&showentry=1636