IGNORED

Recommended DS Games?

Albert

I also hit Best Buy here yesterday, and found Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center, Kirby's Canvas Curse and Lost In Blue on the shelf along with a ton of other games I haven't seen at the big box retailers. They also have nearly all of their original shipment of Metroid Prime: Hunters which I heard others were having a hard time finding when it came out. No one seems to care here, though.

That's odd, I have not seen most of those games at the stores I've been going to. I did see Metroid Pinball today for only $19.99 at Best Buy, where it's been $34.99 everywhere else. I should have picked it up, but I have too many DS games at the moment and need to spend time enjoying them first. :)

..Al

The more I play it the more I question brain ages lasting appeal.

I know. Like, am I getting smarter or just better at the games it presents?

Personally I can handle games that force you to play everyday to keep up. Once I missed playing Brain Age for three days in a row and you not only feel guilty, but what you've worked toward is effectively lost just because you couldn't fill your gaming obligation.

The only fun thing in the game is getting better, the actually play itself isn't fun. It's math and reading I play my DS to avoid doing those things. I'm still glad I got it even if just to know it isn't for me. Since given how popular these brain games have been I would think we will be seeing a lot more of them.

I figure all games are brain trainers anyway. Whether it's just quick thinking, hand-eye coordination or plain old puzzle solving. I'd personally rather have my brain trained in subtler ways like jumping on Goombas.

It's hard to get into edutainment games IMO. Remember Word Zapper and Donkey Kong Jr Math?

ugh

I prefer Big Brain Academy to Brain Age..but that's just me

Yeah, it seems BBA has a bit more personality than the dry brain age. But the whole "how much your brain weighs" idea is kinda dumb.

I've played Brain Age a bit and it seems once you get the Gold medal in all the practice games (at all three difficulty levels) there's not really that much more you'll want to do. I guess also getting an A+ in the test would also be a worthy goal, but after that I can't really see wanting to play it any further. I haven't fired up Big Brain Academy yet, although it does look more interesting (I've seen someone else play it).

..Al