IGNORED

Space Station: Silicon Valley

~llama

I wanted this game really badly when I was ten and still got Nintendo Power. I haven't heard much about it at all since then, and haven't been able to find one in the wild, either (or an N64 expansion pak, but that's another thread)... I'm thinking about turning to eBay or somewhere like that to track it down, but first...

is it worth it? Is it really good or would I just be chasing an unfulfilled childhood dream? (Even if its the latter, I'll probably still buy it :P) Is there supposed to be a colon in the title?

What is your opinion of Space Station: Silicon Valley?

Haven't played it but I too remember the previews for the game.

Looked fairly interesting.

I checked Ebay and there are plenty of auctions to choose from it would be easy enough to find this game for under $20 shipped it looks like.

It actually is quite good for a Nintendo 64 game. It's by the creators of Lemmings (and yeah, yeah, Grand Theft whatchamacallit too), and it's a nice action/puzzle hybrid with bright colors and challenging gameplay.

In SSSV, you're a microchip, dislodged from the brain of a robot after your ship crashed into a distant planet. Your goal is to collect enough energy to repair both your body and the ship, but to accomplish that, you'll need to jack into the brains of the android animals that live on the planet.

Each creature has different strengths and weaknesses... for instance, a sheep can't defend itself, but its fluffy body lets it float through the air for a while after it jumps. You use each animal's special abilities as tools, to help you collect the energy in each stage.

That's pretty much the game in a nutshell. Oh yeah, and one more thing... it's got a sense of humor that's extremely odd, and extremely British. If you can handle that as well as the high difficulty level, you're going to want to add Space Station Silicon Valley to your collection.

JR

Thanks, I'll look to get a copy of it in the next few days. It requires an Expansion Pak, right?

Other way around. It's the one game that exhibits bugs if the RAM expansion is installed.

Ah. That's bizarre... anyone know why? (It's good for me though, because now I don't have to track down an Expansion Pak :))

It is a great great game.

The robot animal bit is quite clever, your little chip takes over a wide variety of robot creatures with different abilities. Just very neat design.

Not sure about 100% bug but I remember getting through the whole thing.