IGNORED

I have some nice hacks I made.

Pac Munchkin

Hello everyone:

I'm new here I used to do graphic stuff on my Commodore 64 so I know some stuff on sprites. I used to use a awesome program by Broderbund call The Arcade Game Construction Kit, I made an excellent KC Munchkin type game back then.

Also I have quite a bit of experience using Mastertronics The Games Creator, that was pretty good and fun but limited.

I was getting into downloading hacks and found Alien Pac Man, by a Hacker called Pac ManPlus. I really liked the game but it had a flaw an invisible wall, I had to remember the pattern on Alien to play without getting stuck running into the wall that was still there but looked like it was removed.

After trying to contact the guy and finding him nowhere. I decided I'll see if I can fix it my self after all I have experience from the 80's early 90's. I found showgfx and editgfx, I was surprised how easy it was to use and started my first hack fixing Alien Pac Man. I put the wall back in. Then I was happy but now that I was a success I thought what if I tried Hacking Pac Man and making a KC Munchkin type game I did it was easy and turned out better than Atari's original Pac Man because it truly felt like a different game since not much in Atari's Pac Man was like Pac Man so it had better graphics and was more fun to play. After this I did a hack of Pac Man again but made ET's Candy Bars, Someone made an ET Pac Man hack but I did not like how ET looked, looked kind of like a dog dragging it's rear on the carpet. LOL I thought I will give it a shot I was going to port over the ET from the game ET and put him into Pac man, I quickly found out that was not possible Et's 8 pixiles vs Pac Mans 6 pixals high no good I had to design ET from scratch. I based mine on the ET video game I had a hard time making him look like he was walking rather then that dragging effect I said earlier, so I went back to Alien and checked how they made the aliens walk and I remembered mario how he walked and I made some feet that walked exactly the same it worked great! I put arms on him like mario does one frame arms the next none so it looks like walking, I thought about the soldiers I wanted and liked the soldiers from the game Lock n' Chase no brainer I didn't even need to look at how they were made a real quick made four soldiers. I changed the eyes that go back to RIP. I changed ET dying to OH NO then a blip gone.

I then attempted to hack Lock n' Chase I gave up on that I can only find two soldiers. Then I tried hacking Phantom Tank that was a disaster after my hack the screen would flip bad so I decided to hack a hack of Tanks but no Tanks called TanksDx since this was almost what I had in mind anyway, So I made the takes have awesome treads that move when you move. I tried making them like I believe the game is Counter Strike but those tanks were too big I made smaller versions but quickly found out if my tanks are not squared off they get stuck on the corners as the gun is past on corner and the treads the other there was no way to get loose to I gave up on that and went back to he squared off but still awesome looking tanks I made from the DX tanks.

After that I decided to go back to designing my KC munchkin type hack of Alien again, I was determined to learn this I kept cross examining Pac Alien and how Pac Man Plus changed it, I not only learned it I later cleaned up the graphics made them more Pac Man like including cosmetically changing the maze to look more like Pac Man, I did this after making my KC Munchkin type game of Alien.

I did all this in a few days since I first learned how to.

My hacks are called

Pac Munchkin

ET's Candy Bars

Tank Patrol

Hot Munchkin

Hot Pac'em

I have been thinking of doing a hack of Col'n changing it to Turtles but I can't think why you would need to rescue the Turtles in order like getting the parts of the space ship in order. I can imagine you rescue he turtle bring him home and have to say oh sorry you are the wrong turtle I have to take you back to your cell I'll be back for you later! LOL

Ok for some quick game descriptions

Pac Munchkin speaks for it self.

Hot Munchkin you are the Munchkin with a breath of fire now if the monsters get to close spit your fire breath and they back away from you.

Hot Pac'em Same thing different graphics.

Tank Patrol shoot the enemy tanks keep them from getting to your base.

ET's Candy Bars this comes with a story.

Eddy has been captured; the government in the name of national security has interrogated Eddy to tell them everything he knows about this ET. Eddy tried hard to keep his mouth shut for as long as he could but he couldn't take it anymore and told them ET loves chocolate. ET is back and the government has set a trap for him they lined the hall ways of the building with candy bars! ET must gather up all the candy bars but the soldiers are on constant watch and trying to capture ET at all cost! He must be captured interrogated, experimented on and if he dies well the scientist want to know what ET is made of lets just say that. The soldiers also found four space pods from an asteroid that hit Earth a few months back they put these in the four back rooms as they don't know what they do. But when ET finds them he gets strength and can kill the soldiers then it is Rest in Peace for them, but as quickly as they are killed more are recruited to take their place. Can ET eat all the candy bars and rescue Eddy or will the soldiers and scientist get ET?

Well being this is a Pac Man hack we all know ET will never win but hay try to get the highest score have fun it's only a game! :-D

I decided to add Tank 2 as that was the second version of Tank Patrol I was working on with some awesome looking tanks but they get stuck so I just added it for show really.

I hope all you like these, I really like a lot of the Hacks i have been seeing and playing and hope these graphic hacks you enjoy too.

Thank you

Pac Munchkin

Hot_Munchkin__Alien_Hack_wc_6_20_06_.bin

Hot_Pac__em__Alien_Hack_wc_6_20_06_.bin

ET__s_Candy_Bars__Pac_Man_Hack_wc_6_18_06_.bin

Pac_Munchkin__Pac_Man_Hack_wc_6_18_06_.bin

Tank_Patrol__Tanks_but_no_tanks_hack_wc_6_17_06_.bin

Tank2.bin

...After trying to contact the guy and finding him nowhere...

Hmm... I never received a Private Message from you :? Sorry if I seemed hard to get a hold of...

BTW, that invisible wall was a mistake that I forgot to put back :dunce:

Cute graphics for the 'Hot Munchkin Alien Hack' :)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

...After trying to contact the guy and finding him nowhere...

Hmm... I never received a Private Message from you :? Sorry if I seemed hard to get a hold of...

BTW, that invisible wall was a mistake that I forgot to put back :dunce:

Cute graphics for the 'Hot Munchkin Alien Hack' :)

Bob

Oh wow it's you, hay man I learned so much from your Alien Hack and if it wasn't for that mistake I may not have ever got into hacking! :D

So I owe you a great deal of gratitude, actually I didn't know you were in here and I had to be a member to find you, so this is all good.

Pac Man was a breeze to hack the graphics, wow when I tried Alien I kept saying I got to respect PacManPlus he must really know his stuff. I had to keep going back and forth to see how you did it, there are some really weird sprite rules in that like the duplicates that must be cut off on the bottom, and that the sprites must start at the top line. So many times I thought I had it and I would look and say where in the world is that garbage coming from! Thanks to your original hack Alien Pac Man I learned a lot for hacking Alien! :D

Oh and thanks for the complement that means a lot coming from you.

Thanks

Wade

Wow

Thank you very much for the kind words, but I am 'Low-Man on the Totem Pole' here when it comes to hacking... There are so many here who are much better than I am, but again thank you - it is appreciated :)

BTW, yes, Alien is a bit 'odd' the way they stored the graphics, and I ran into the same issue that you did with the garbage on the screen. :-/ Now that I think of it, you are right - 'Alien' would make a good hack into KC-Munchkin... Also I think the dots are sprites? Which would make it more to fit; if we can just figure out how to make them move... :)

Bob

Wow

Thank you very much for the kind words, but I am 'Low-Man on the Totem Pole' here when it comes to hacking... There are so many here who are much better than I am, but again thank you - it is appreciated :)

BTW, yes, Alien is a bit 'odd' the way they stored the graphics, and I ran into the same issue that you did with the garbage on the screen. :-/ Now that I think of it, you are right - 'Alien' would make a good hack into KC-Munchkin... Also I think the dots are sprites? Which would make it more to fit; if we can just figure out how to make them move... :)

Bob

Well I am just a beginner so I believe what you say maybe you or someone else could do, I know Nukey could nail it! Any way you are right all the dots do move I know I accidentally moved them all when I changed a bit I thought was a part of a graphic, the entire screen of dots moved a quarter screen right. The maze staid right where it was, but the dots every one was moved.

BTW the tanks I was trying to emulate (in my second Take Patrol attempt) were not from a game called counter strike, don't even know if that is a game they were from Strategy X, those are awesome tanks in that game.

PS Do you like what I did with your Alien Pac Man changing it into Hot Pac'em I smoothed out all the graphics made Pac Man a little rounder made the ghost a little thinner changed the dying sequence to be a little more like Pac Man and of course changed the maze to look more like Pac Man, Also changed the reserves to look more round, that was a chore, I was finely down to three pixals wide and there it was perfect. I was thinking if I cut off any more it wil just be a line! lol

I have your original rev2 also, untouched except for the wall.

Wade

• 2 months later...

Screen shots of Tank Patrol

this is the only one that has staid the same the other you can find more up to date versions elsewhere in here.

Wade

PS this flickers so much it was very hard geting any good shots. :(

This was not original my hack it is a modified hack of an original hack.

post-9756-1156686347_thumb.png

post-9756-1156686370_thumb.png

post-9756-1156686443_thumb.png

post-9756-1156686466_thumb.png

post-9756-1156686523_thumb.png

post-9756-1156686559_thumb.png

Edited by Pac Munchkin