IGNORED

60,000 Rev C's on the water...

Thanks for the updates, Curt! Maybe I'll do a mod on one of these.

As others have said, regardless of what happens next, it's great that you were out there to make our interests known. From the news I've seen elsewhere, it sounds as if Atari is in too much financial trouble to take a big manufacturing risk right now, so I will set my expectations appropriately.

Curt Vendel is Atari Fan #1!

Thanks for the updates, Curt! Maybe I'll do a mod on one of these.

As others have said, regardless of what happens next, it's great that you were out there to make our interests known. From the news I've seen elsewhere, it sounds as if Atari is in too much financial trouble to take a big manufacturing risk right now, so I will set my expectations appropriately.

Curt Vendel is Atari Fan #1!

Curt and his investors have offered to finance the entire project!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1088906

Rick Vendl II

Edited by TrekkiELO

Not to sidetrack things here.... but Curt, you remind me a lot of Jay Minor, the man who created the Amiga line of computers. He put his home on the line to make that happen.

You have been going above and beyond on this project, and I have nothing but respect for ya! Atari would be foolish to not jump on this offer. Thanks for all the time, effort, and commitment you've put into the retro community. You deserve a medal for it!

Good luck, and keep letting us know, as you can, how things work out.

I'll probably brave the local WalMart at some point in an attempt to acquire one of the RevC units. I've got a RevB here waiting for the time I can sit down and mod it into a full unit.

And while I know several people have already said it, we all appreciate the above and beyond efforts you've put forward, Curt.

Since the PCB is smaller, is there a weight difference between the two units? Maybe we could take postal scales into Wal Mart (or maybe just borrow one from the Postal Scale department that every Wal Mart undoubtedly has :) ) and measure the difference to pick the right unit?

If anybody has a Rev C already, let us know the total weight. :)

Tomorrow is "D-Day" for the Flashback 2.5/3, has there been any update as to whether or not Atari have given it the go-ahead?
I was just thinking the same thing, but no, I haven't heard anything.

It would be just like Infogrames' Atari to let the opportunity slip by, too; they've got to focus all their energy and development money on the next great "Marc Ecko" game, you know. :roll:

The FB 2.5 could make it this year, but if nothing moves forward by July 7th the window of opportunity for this year is closed. I pulled together a group of investors, we even directly offered to Bonnell to finance the entire product, but no response from Atari or Bonnell whatsoever, so its now out of my hands guys, I have gone above and beyond to get another Atari product out for everyone.

Curt

Well, what happened, did they accept your generous offer?

If not, then these idiots are more foolish than anyone gave them credit for and let their egos get in the way of a sound business transaction, thus deserve to go bankrupt!

Rick

If not, then these idiots are more foolish than anyone gave them credit for and let their egos get in the way of a sound business transaction, thus deserve to go bankrupt!

Rick

Well, I wouldn't completely chalk it up to that. There's a lot of individuals at that company and its in a big state of flux right now in the management area. In fact, one of the biggest obstacles just left the company not long ago. Their biggest immediate worries are to keep from getting delisted and try and stabilize things plan/management/product wise somewhat. The fact that they met financial obligations and got this last shipment of FB2's "off the docks" is a step in the right direction with regards to further FB developments. So while they missed the window for this year, that doesn't leave things out for the future.

In the long term, IMHO they need to divest themselves from Infogrames (which would include buying the legacy atari properties from infogrames, since Atari Inc. doesn't actually own those) and stand on their own two feet. They also need to rebuild credibility for putting out some very bug filled modern games, or spending lots of money on games that were duds (and were that before they even went in to development).

The FB 2.5 could make it this year, but if nothing moves forward by July 7th the window of opportunity for this year is closed. I pulled together a group of investors, we even directly offered to Bonnell to finance the entire product, but no response from Atari or Bonnell whatsoever, so its now out of my hands guys, I have gone above and beyond to get another Atari product out for everyone.

Curt

I'm trying to be positive, so here is my two cents. Mabe no news is good news. :|

pboland

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note to everyone -

These are all on the micro-mini PCB boards, they have all of the contact points in the upper left corner of the board and its easier to perform the cartridge mod on them. So if you open a unit up, and see the micro PCB inside, its the Rev C's

Curt

Here's a stupid question...

Am I to understand that the Rev.C boards are physically different from the Rev.B boards?

Just a note to everyone -

These are all on the micro-mini PCB boards, they have all of the contact points in the upper left corner of the board and its easier to perform the cartridge mod on them. So if you open a unit up, and see the micro PCB inside, its the Rev C's

Curt

Here's a stupid question...

Am I to understand that the Rev.C boards are physically different from the Rev.B boards?

Already answered that in the Rev. C thread.

• 4 weeks later...