IGNORED

Back in Black

Pac Munchkin

Hello everyone,

After going through the hacks form archives, I found Neo did a whole bunch of ROMs back in black.

These are so cool I also found Alien in Black! So I am thinking of doing Hot Munchkin and Hot Pac'em with black mazes.

It will take a while to do though since I need to compare which bits where changed in binary I don't know assembly language so I need to do it the hard way with showgfx and note pad, but as soon as I find the address and what is different I'll make the new versions.

Coming back in black Cool! :cool:

Wade

Hello everyone,

After going through the hacks form archives, I found Neo did a whole bunch of ROMs back in black.

These are so cool I also found Alien in Black! So I am thinking of doing Hot Munchkin and Hot Pac'em with black mazes.

It will take a while to do though since I need to compare which bits where changed in binary I don't know assembly language so I need to do it the hard way with showgfx and note pad, but as soon as I find the address and what is different I'll make the new versions.

Wade

Just use distella, they are both 4k games so it shoudl not pose a problem. just change the playfield value from whatever to 0.

Hello everyone,

Wade

Just use distella, they are both 4k games so it should not pose a problem. just change the playfield value from whatever to 0.

Thanks Shawn,

I had no luck eyeballing it side by side using two note pads, I don't know what Distella is but I'll look it up and give it a try. If it is a dissassembler I feel I wont know what I'm looking at.

I know some assemble language like

jmp is like goto

jms is like gosub

rts is like return

but stuff like this confuses me a lot

LDA load the accumulator (tells the computer to remember some number)

STA Store the accumulator (tells the computer to remember some number)

So are they the same thing? no otherwise there would only be one of them.

Confusing.

Thanks anyway I'll give it a try.

Wade

I was going to look for a program that compares two text files if one exist.

Hello everyone,

Wade

Just use distella, they are both 4k games so it should not pose a problem. just change the playfield value from whatever to 0.

Thanks Shawn,

I had no luck eyeballing it side by side using two note pads, I don't know what Distella is but I'll look it up and give it a try. If it is a dissassembler I feel I wont know what I'm looking at.

I know some assemble language like

jmp is like goto

jms is like gosub

rts is like return

but stuff like this confuses me a lot

LDA load the accumulator (tells the computer to remember some number)

STA Store the accumulator (tells the computer to remember some number)

So are they the same thing? no otherwise there would only be one of them.

Confusing.

Thanks anyway I'll give it a try.

Wade

I was going to look for a program that compares two text files if one exist.

I tried Distella I disassembled it but have no idea what I'm looking for, also I checked technical information acording to the technical information it should be easy all I need to find is this Colubk that is the back ground color it says, but I can't find that anywhere I even did a find search for it, it doesn't exist acording to the search.

I am going to try to find something that compares two text files and go back to binery.

Wade

Ok I found it using a comparison between files it is at address 0e44 it should have a value from 0 to 15 but strangly the original has a value of 132

here is the original

0E44 10000100

here is black

0E44 00000000

This is the change between the two caught by my comparison software.

so to make any color from 0 to 15

0 00000000 Black

1 00000001 Gold

2 00000010 Orange

3 00000011 Red Orange

4 00000100 Pink

5 00000101 Purple

6 00000110 Blue Purple

7 00000111 Blue

8 00001000 Blue

9 00001001 Light Blue

10 00001010 Turquoise

11 00001011 Green Blue

12 00001100 Green

13 00001110 Yellow Green

14 00001110 Orange Green

15 00001111 Light Orange

Starts dark goes to lighter

So I should have them back soon in black.

Wade